1/48 - Messerschmitt Bf.109E-4 by Dragon Models - 3D renders+sprues+box art+schemes+decals - release in 2024

Homebee

4 minutes ago, Phas3e said:

Those cockpit walls are going to be a bitch to paint, I consider myself a 109 guy and this doesnt excite me.

If you look closer, I think the cockpit wall's will be separate pieces.

On 22/09/2019 at 23:40, hopkp said:

Another 1/48 Bf 109E?

Yawn..........

2 hours ago, Mike Esposito said:

Yes. We need another like we need a hole in the head.

This is a wholly pointless waste of electrons, and needs to die as a "point of view" :fraidnot:

spacer.png

We all have to realise that what's boring to us may not be boring to everyone.  This type of reply is just going to result in bad feelings and potential arguments. :shrug:

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

Just now, averarandy said:

All those parts, but no leading-edge slats?

Have a shufti at the sprue shots - I think there might be cut-outs for the slats there.  Which is nice? :)

39 minutes ago, Mike said:

This is a wholly pointless waste of electrons, and needs to die as a "point of view" :fraidnot:

spacer.png

We all have to realise that what's boring to us may not be boring to everyone.  This type of reply is just going to result in bad feelings and potential arguments. :shrug:

Sorry. Was not my intention to insult anyone who is a Bf-109E fan..... I am one myself! 

It was just my frustration of manufacturers pumping out kits that we have many options for. 

There are soooo many aircraft that are not represented at all. Shame.

• Like 4

l/e slats are separate. The display of the ‚exploded‘ model with them retracted attached to the wing isn’t the best idea I’d say... I’m really looking forward to this kit. Some competition for Eduard’s E is welcome. And, finally a new a/c kit from Dragon! 😳

2 hours ago, Mike Esposito said:

There are soooo many aircraft that are not represented at all. Shame

That's very true, but we have to remember that companies - all companies - are chasing money at the end of the day. A 109 is a great seller, so it's no surprise that everyone wants one in their range, as they make money.

What we have to hope is that these staples help to fund the more unusual ones we all earnestly hope for. :)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ka-Efka said:

l/e slats are separate. The display of the ‚exploded‘ model with them retracted attached to the wing isn’t the best idea I’d say... I’m really looking forward to this kit. Some competition for Eduard’s E is welcome. And, finally a new a/c kit from Dragon! 😳

The Dragon 1/32 Emil was so much better than the Eduard kit, especially OOB, that this new 1/48 version will, I think, become the kit of choice for a Bf 109E in 1/48. Sure, there are other serviceable options: Airfix, Tamiya, Hasegawa, Hobbycraft even; but this new kit looks head and shoulders above them.

• Like 2