1/48 - Messerschmitt Bf.109E-4 by Dragon Models - 3D renders+sprues+box art+schemes+decals - release in 2024

Homebee

7 hours ago, areva said:

All those parts, but no leading edge slats?

I'm still not seeing slats on the exploded view. The area may be recessed, without showing them, and maybe not.

areva

Here they arespacer.png

spacer.png

Not easy to pick out but they are there. 

Dennis

I'm not excatly interested about another Bf109 at all, the same way I'm not interested about the umpteenth Mustang, or Fw190, or..........I'de rather prefer a new Hakwer Fury, for example...

That said, I find it very good news that any manufacturer decides to offer a new kit, wichever it may be. That's a good proof about this hobby's good health. Will I buy one of these???? Surely NO. Am I happy about a new Bf109 on the block??? Definitely YES.

Best regards...!!!

• Like 2

• 4 months later...
  • 10 months later...
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/48 - Messerschmitt Bf.109E-4 by Dragon Models - 3D renders+sprues - release in 2021

I completely forgot about this kit with the Wingsy one coming, will be an interesting comparison.

I do like the way the say one piece fuselage so no puttying or sanding which has never really been a problem for an aircraft with a seam line where you normally join the fuselage halves.

• Homebee changed the title to 1/48 - Messerschmitt Bf.109E-4 by Dragon Models - 3D renders+sprues+box art - release in 2021
On 2/9/2021 at 11:36 AM, Tbolt said:

I do like the way the say one piece fuselage so no puttying or sanding which has never really been a problem for an aircraft with a seam line where you normally join the fuselage halves.

Yes, it's impressive, and may be a feature extended to other aircraft types in future kits.

But a bit of me is feeling sad - dealing with seam lines is a fundamental part of building plastic model aircraft. Are we at the point where technology is about to rid us of that happy chore? 😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, IanC said:

Yes, it's impressive, and may be a feature extended to other aircraft types in future kits.

But a bit of me is feeling sad - dealing with seam lines is a fundamental part of building plastic model aircraft. Are we at the point where technology is about to rid us of that happy chore? 😀

Due to the cost of tooling kit like this I think there will always be companies doing it the traditional way but there are some aircraft that this type of one piece fuselage can speed up building so I welcome it - there's still plenty of other seems to clean up.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, IanC said:

What is funny is that they chose to do a single piece fuselage precisely for the model that has a panel line running where the seam line is! LMAO

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, czaralko said:

I have been saving some kagero top colours for a kit like this, hopefully it doesnt look too akward next to my Eduard kits

It probably will. The Eduard kits are off dimensionally. Especially the wing span makes it look off just by looking at it.
If the 1/48th scale kit is anything like their 1/32nd scale kit we're in for a treat!

Jens

• Like 2