Just now, John D.C. Masters said:

It's amazing how at some point it all begins to look really good!  

Thanks John... Im actually considering trying to put some form of rigging on this. I have the stuff for it but never done it before. And if I did it would most likely just be the cross-bracing between the wings. Im just not sure im brave enough yet ?  

• Like 1

I think you should go for it.  There is plenty of time in the GB and, I think, the rigging on this is pretty basic.  No double flying wires, etc...it would just be the interplane rigging and a few small pieces (use sprue) for the cabane struts and landing gear.  Use stretched sprue for all of it.  It saves the time of drilling holes and is easy to do.   By my estimate, 16-20 pieces of rig.  

It'll also make the model really pop out as 'finished'.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm just catching up Dennis, and like the way that you've modified the kit in pretty much the same way as it was done with the original.  You should definitely have a go at rigging - as John says, even a small amount transforms the appearance of any biplane model.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hello everyone...  Finally able to do some work on this. I got the undercarriage on and sorted out the Venturi tray for spraying. PFqAQs7.jpg

Wo05FcP.jpg

Nl5DR16.jpg

mJ8e2iY.jpg

Wish me luck folks... questions, comments, and or thoughts. Im letting everything harden right now. Once thats done i will paint everything. Next up the struts :fraidnot: my bane with bi-planes. 

Dennis

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Well with all the family troubles slowly subsiding. I was able to attack this and a few others today. Ckkg2QO.jpg

w1LNSqw.jpg

KmSU8af.jpg

uuWJkw8.jpg

eS8GoYU.jpg

In the end i backed away from rigging the plane. I snapped one of the N braces because the holes in the two wings don't line up very well. The struts on the fuselage were also short. I have both an airfix bulldog and a matchbox fury, and I am determined to rig so will try better in the future. I still need to do decals and touch-ups. 

Dennis

• Like 1

• 1 month later...