Hello everyone... In conjunction with my 1/48 X-wing. I will be building these two kits.spacer.png

Thes will be X-wing Blue Four for the Sci-Fi portion of the build. The Y-wing will be Green 12 built as a long range reconnaissance fighter with extras added for the WHIF portion of the Group build. I will add sprue photo’s later today. 

Dennis

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle
  • Like 5

Im gonna be a crazy ape running through the jungle. I seriously doubt all 4 builds will get done, but one can hope. these little ones will take just a few days each. The other two will take a month or more each. Maybe a theme song for the build ? 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EbI0cMyyw_M

Onto the sprue shots, X-wing first. This is literally like 3”x4”
spacer.png

Y-wing next and this is like 2”x5”spacer.png

spacer.png

Im planning on painting the markings for the most part. Questions, comments, and or thoughts. 

Dennis

• Like 6

Hello everybody... My goal as stated above is to do a Blue squadron X-wing from Rogue one. I watched the movie yesterday as a bit of research and realized there are two X-wings seen during the Jedha sequences. These belong to Saw Gerrara’s Cavern angels and have a very distinctive scheme. spacer.png

🧐 So I may change or if my budget allows may just add to this build. 

Dennis

• Like 6

Hello everybody... So i opted to start on this today while my X-wing build was setting/drying. After twenty minutes or so i was at this point. 
oYL4n3X.jpg

wquPB6U.jpg

8YoCcL8.jpg

wKa1AR7.jpg

Quite small as you can see, however the detail is really good. Once this is built up i will give it a coat of black paint. Then i can spray the main colors and pick out the detail with brushes. I should be able to knock out the engines without to much hassle. Questions, comments, or thoughts ?  

Dennis

• Like 5

This one will be slightly modified as I'm using this as my WHIF build. I was planning on using this as a long range scout that would have been used to monitor Imperial convoys and bases. It was going to get a different paint scheme and some extra antennas as well. The Y-wing is my 2nd favorite type, but this one seems to small for me to go with standard scheme, Id like a larger one for that. 

Dennis

• Like 2

Hello all...So i finished up the Y-wing in about 20 minutes. This is what it looks like mocked up as i wont lock the engine pods on until after the base colors are done. 
erRPHiR.jpg

IMpF8sq.jpg

nCd5yr1.jpg

pAMqbOA.jpg

Once I finished that i started on the X-wing. After an hour i was finished with everything except the cannons.
VVHGVk9.jpg

The wings do work (open and close). But this going to be posed on the stand in attack position when its done so i photographed it that way. 
51K4Rav.jpg

DXXKa2D.jpg

PC43Ak9.jpg

AmpRq3S.jpg

3HQ3ysB.jpg

BJmCwX2.jpg

The cannons are single piece units but will be kept off for now until i start painting. Questions, comments, and or good stories ? 

Dennis

• Like 5

Hello everyone... Well i did the black basing on both the X & Y-wing today.  Once dry i went back over the Y-wing with a dusting of EDSG to get the desired effect and color.

n7p9JOr.jpg

GbMkV04.jpg

j0MwTqi.jpg

nKlG2Jo.jpg

I chose to leave the starboard engine pod in traditional colors. I figure with my back story it was damaged and replaced with another pod. Here is the X-wing its in a more traditional scheme. 
jgwOxjl.jpg

NqFmUhz.jpg

yBFuXfW.jpg

vi2rg5g.jpg

U3Izp9W.jpg

Next up the detail painting and colors for both of these. Questions, comments, and or thoughts please ? 

Dennis

EDIT : Couple of more photo’s of the pair in formation. 
oJQII7a.jpg

IlNecag.jpg

• Like 5

Hello all.... Its time for todays update on these. I started the detail colors on the Y-wing. Since its from green squadron. 
LZHH0eL.jpg

YLP1txj.jpg

E8XevoB.jpg

8sssD0m.jpg

As you can see i went for a different scheme from the more familiar Gold Squadron Y-wings. This one is Green 12 and so far I'm liking it quite a bit. 

Dennis

• Like 3

Hello everyone... So i did some work on the X-wing today. Since it is from Blue squadron and and my favorite # is 4 its is now Blue-4. I opted just like the Y-wing to go with different markings to differentiate from Red Squadron. 3f7la0K.jpg

I used hash marks on the nose for this one, not the only place I've done that. 

nq19nqX.jpg

pKH1Vm0.jpg

5GO40xt.jpg

B7IL1K1.jpg

5KZNW3p.jpg

I added hash marks to each of the wing cannon as well. Which will give the markings in multiple locations.

PMslR6n.jpg

A3eytIQ.jpg

cBUICKE.jpg

Here we have the pair in formation together. Questions, comments, or thoughts ? 

Denni

• Like 4

Hello everybody... I think I'm just about ready to call these two done. Put a wash on them tonight after picking out some things on the Y-wing. xlM2c8x.jpg

J6zpWFP.jpg

9g5RigU.jpg

MERZXNB.jpg

7geKwC5.jpg

DD9o6LD.jpg

uXmhgrC.jpg

ufd75po.jpg

in2gbyv.jpg

ix9Pt21.jpg

Will add the main cannons to the X-wing and the turret to the Y-wing tomorrow and see if they need anything else ? Questions, comments, and or thoughts ?

Dennis

• Like 3

Hello everyone... Well I'm calling these done. Please check out the photo’s in the gallery, and look for an RFI son in Sci-fi for more photo’s. QRxU9OU.jpg

0oJpBmu.jpg
RFI’s.

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235061936-green-twelve/

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235061935-blue-four/

Dennis

• Like 2