My take on Amodel's Sud Aviation Caravelle III finished off in the markings of VIASA.

I enjoyed the build although the undercarriage was an absolute nightmare to put together. Wings fences were made from thin plastic sheet as this boxing didn't come with photo-etched parts. (Luckily I had Amodel's 10-R version to hand, so their parts were used as templates).

Classic Airlines decal sheet (CA144-419) was used and it will come as no surprise that they were beautifully printed and performed flawlessly. (It does give you the option to paint the tail and this is the route I took).

IMGA2238.jpg

IMGA2230.jpg

IMGA2231.jpg

IMGA2232.jpg

IMGA2233.jpg

IMGA2236.jpg

Thanks for looking.

mike

(P.S. Looks like my entry for next year's Latin American competition has been completed 😋)

• Like 31
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, mitchem said:

(P.S. Looks like my entry for next year's Latin American competition has been completed 😋)

Ha!! Oh no it hasn't, it's disqualified once you've shown the whole world and his dog (or even just me & Ken - he'll probably be lurking in the shadows!!) Really bad planning that Mike, could have saved yourself a lot of work... :rofl2:

Still, another stunner off the dining room table - and two in a week? Matches my output for most years...!!

Lovely job!  :)

K

• Like 1

Out of the shadows he comes:evil_laugh:Back to cheat lines I see,and Keith is right now that we have seen it,as well as the world and his dog,its no longer eligible:tease:BTW nice model :clap2:nevertheless.PS When Keith brought two models for the comp,I was gobsmacked,thats the most hes done in years.:whistle:

Mohawk

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/22/2019 at 6:03 PM, Viking said:

That is a real beauty Mike, superbly finished as usual.

Many thanks John although I'm afraid I can't keep up with the standards of civvie builds on BM

On 9/22/2019 at 6:49 PM, Skodadriver said:

The natural metal is particularly impressive. What did you use for it?

Thanks Dave. I used AK Extreme Metal Aluminium on the fuselage and wings. "Corogard" areas on the wings were done by spraying the aluminum with AK Ultra Matte Varnish. Not sure if they existed on the real thing but they look the part.

On 9/22/2019 at 11:27 PM, keefr22 said:

Ha!! Oh no it hasn't, it's disqualified once you've shown the whole world and his dog (or even just me & Ken - he'll probably be lurking in the shadows!!) Really bad planning that Mike, could have saved yourself a lot of work... :rofl2:

Thanks Keith. I don't suppose you'd have any idea as to how I can delete this post and wipe your memory clean ? (Ken's memory may need a bit of 240 grit) 🤣

20 hours ago, stringbag said:

That's another lovely looking model Mike. I haven't seen one built up yet, but might be tempted to get one based on your result with the kit.

Thanks for posting.

Chris.

Thanks Chris. I have to admit that I've taken a shine to Amodel Caravelles and Eastern European kits as I like attacking polystyrene with sanding blocks and grinders. It's the painting bit that I don't like.

17 hours ago, Mohawk said:

PS When Keith brought two models for the comp,I was gobsmacked,thats the most hes done in years.:whistle:

Mohawk

Cheers Mohawk (don't worry, your identity is safe with me......).

To be fair, I didn't think I'd finish my Twin Otter in time, and Keith offered to let me rent one of his until the voting had been completed. :rofl2:

• Like 3