URL from Flickr not pasting into......

Hya. 
I’m currently as always using my iPhone to use the site. I updated the firmware a few days ago. (Only change I can think of) note it seems I can’t paste images from Flickr into my threads? It’s there a new problem  with this? I press the “paste” button but no text appears. 🤷🏻‍♂️  Thanks for any help.

John.

Hey guys.

seems to be a problem with the new Apple update. Others are seeing it too. 😬

just noticed it’s not just Flickr.

You can’t cut and paste anything from anywhere? Even Britmodeller to Britmodeller. 

Edited by The Spadgent

oh my goddddd.

just found what the problem

is. Apple have just added three finger cut and paste. Slide three fingers together to copy and expand thee finders to paste. This works if I copy from Flickr then expand the fingers rather than clicking and pressing the paste button. Oh man I have to see if I can turn that off. 😩😩

On 9/22/2019 at 10:44 PM, Max Headroom said:

@The Spadgent 

I’m still getting no joy and can’t figure out this three finger business!

Help!!

Trevor

If you search for iOS 13 three finger gesturing you’ll see what I mean.

hang on read this.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.macworld.com/article/3410596/ios-13-and-ipados-13-how-to-use-the-new-gestures-for-cut-copy-paste-undo-and-redo.amp.html

On 9/22/2019 at 11:09 PM, dogsbody said:

Let’s see.

Mup & Me 1

Okay. I just posted this from my IPad. I just copied the image from Flickr and using only one digit, I pasted it here. I last updated my IPad just over a week ago.

Chris

But are you on iOS 13?

Maybe if you are it’s just a phone thing?

Edited by The Spadgent

Nope. Tried this multiple times and the square root of nothing happens. I’m annoyed. Changes for changes sake. If you’re going to introduce a new feature, don’t delete the old way of doing it.

This sucks. I hope the first update reintroduces the ‘proper way’.

Trevor

11 minutes ago, Max Headroom said:

Nope. Tried this multiple times and the square root of nothing happens. I’m annoyed. Changes for changes sake. If you’re going to introduce a new feature, don’t delete the old way of doing it.

This sucks. I hope the first update reintroduces the ‘proper way’.

Trevor

The cut and paste with one button works on other sites just not BM.  I don’t know why, might be some kind of double up of info somewhere that is stopping the command greeting through? Try the three finger thing on another site. It’s tricky for sure but it does work for me. My things are crap so I tend to use my index finger my next finger and my middle finger. 

I’m not a fan of doing this however. 😫

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, dogsbody said:

My IPad has IOS 12.4.1

If I had to use just my IPhone, I probably wouldn't bother. The screen is just too small for me to see much.

Chris

That would be it then. It’s a ios 13 thing. I’d stay where you are if it’s working for you. 😍

3 hours ago, The Spadgent said:

That would be it then. It’s a ios 13 thing. I’d stay where you are if it’s working for you. 😍

First you have to find me, but if you do, bring beer! A nice IPA is preferred. A good lager wouldn't be turned down.

Chris

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, dnl42 said:

Must be an Apple thing. Here's a picture from my wife's Flickr account pasted from my Android phone. 

20190701-235842-Pano_River Background

This is from Lake Isabella, CA.

Yes deffo an apple thing.

10 hours ago, Max Headroom said:

31690959017_bb2015521c_c.jpg

Yay!!!!!!! The latest update (13.01) has fixed the stupid three finger thing.

Trevor

@dnl42  nice picture 👍🏻

Right on my way to get that then. 😇

• Like 1