Arii 1/48 Spitfire MkVIII Indian Air Force

Hi Guys
Spitfire Mk VIII very quick built, I started Friday evening and  I wanted to complete it yesterday but rain was spoiling my mood however since it has stopped since morning I complete and took some pictures before rain arrive,  This is the NH 631 of the IAF with number 65, the number 65 is painted and it is not a decal. The kit was Arii one so it is very basic and easy to build. there are some problems with fit and need some dry fit. I use Tamiya silver and gunze for silver paint. I kept a very subtle weathering as I wanted to highlight more of the metal parts. I will be building this aircraft with better kit in the future for and with hopefully decals for the said aircraft. I have a pro fi kit but that am gonna do for SEAC one. Thank you for watching.

Cheers

DSC-6678.jpg

DSC-6683.jpg

DSC-6685.jpg

DSC-6686.jpg

DSC-6688.jpg

DSC-6689.jpg

DSC-6691.jpg

DSC-6693.jpg

Edited by tomthounaojam
  • Like 31

I think it's high time for some aviation historian to write about the Spitfires serving the Indian Air Force,I am quite vague about the squadrons,the camo/markings involved.Anyway,it's nice to see Spitfires using the Indian cockades everynow and then in Britmodeller.By the way,did you replaced the poorly molded canopy? 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Well done Mk.VIII sir ! :worthy:

Thank you, Sir you a very kind. Cheers

5 minutes ago, Kampartiger said:

I think it's high time for some aviation historian to write about the Spitfires serving the Indian Air Force,I am quite vague about the squadrons,the camo/markings involved.Anyway,it's nice to see Spitfires using the Indian cockades everynow and then in Britmodeller.By the way,did you replaced the poorly molded canopy? 

There is a nice book written on Spitfire of India, tho it is hard to get but it is a must have for sure as it is full of many not seen pictures and histories. Next I am planning to built a one with Chakra markings, need to get a kit first hehe. Here is the image of the said book, cheers
816-Pr1-Ysv-L.jpg
If you come across this book, just don't think jut buy it and sadly i missed it :(

• Like 1

On 9/24/2019 at 3:37 PM, Kampartiger said:

There's one selling at amazon,for 5000 rupee!

Yes, Mate, thanks 

On 9/24/2019 at 4:49 PM, Stephen said:

Beautiful work.

Really appreciate the kind words, Stephen

On 9/24/2019 at 11:06 PM, Hobo said:

Looks great - love the rarely seen markings. 

Thank you Hobo, Indeed and there are many esoteric spitfires in Indian service 

On 9/27/2019 at 9:15 AM, fubar57 said:

Nice and different, just the way I likes 'em. Well done.

George

Thank you Fubar, now am looking to buy an Airfix MkXIV and do a Chakra one

On 9/27/2019 at 4:21 PM, Unfinished project said:

Superb Spitfire looks great in the Indian scheme 👌🏻

Thank you Mate, really appreciate the kind words

On 9/29/2019 at 3:29 AM, exdraken said:

Truely great result!

Those colors are ineed interesting!!

Thank you, mate as stated above will be building a one with Chakra once I get the Airfix kit, cheers

• 2 months later...