Jump to content

Vultee V-1D Special, modified Special Hobby 1/72nd kit


Recommended Posts

On 10/1/2019 at 1:42 PM, Moa said:

Filthy Airbrusheses spoiled my preciousss!

The horrible, nasty, Aztekses dripped paint on my preciousss!

Wring their necksesses, precious! strangle their hosesses!

Stomp on their nasty nozzlesses!

({<George Takei voice engaged>})

Oh my!

({<George Takei voice dis-engaged>})

 

See, things like this happening is why I've never strayed from my first love of an airbrush, the simple and reliable Binks Wren (A Body).

 

Does everything a modeler needs, and well.  No muss, no fuss, just a simple cleaning and all is right with the world.  Aztek fools you in with it's ergonomic design and inbuilt lightness, but these are all purloined from the Wren. 

 

All others are just a tube with a button and feel clumsy in the hand.  After more than 30 years, I just can't put it down.  It's never done me wrong, and done everything I've asked of it.

 

Oh no, I appear to be on a soap-box!  George!

 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

My first airbrush was an Aztec. I HATED it. It was bunged up every time I wanted use it, and spat paint without warning. Buying an Iwata and binning the Aztec was the best thing I ever did!

 

Ian

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, limeypilot said:

My first airbrush was an Aztec. I HATED it. It was bunged up every time I wanted use it, and spat paint without warning. Buying an Iwata and binning the Aztec was the best thing I ever did!

 

Ian

I mentioned in another thread that i have used Aztek airbrushes for about 20 years. But at the pace i build, and using then almost daily, i wear the pin assembly down, because it's of very cheapo quality.

I owned at least three or four. When they were worn down, the warranty covered them and you sent the dysfunctional thing and would get a replacement. I think I have done it about three times.

But now Rustoleum, the conpany that bought Testors, is saying ha ha, no more, you are on your own and we give a damn. 

They "discontinued" the product.

A good lawyer will make some money from this, because I recall that, at least at the beginning, they had a lifetime warranty.

I bought my Iwata too.

Moral: some companies have no morals.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Bronzemeister said:

({<George Takei voice engaged>})

Oh my!

({<George Takei voice dis-engaged>})

 

See, things like this happening is why I've never strayed from my first love of an airbrush, the simple and reliable Binks Wren (A Body).

 

Does everything a modeler needs, and well.  No muss, no fuss, just a simple cleaning and all is right with the world.  Aztek fools you in with it's ergonomic design and inbuilt lightness, but these are all purloined from the Wren. 

 

All others are just a tube with a button and feel clumsy in the hand.  After more than 30 years, I just can't put it down.  It's never done me wrong, and done everything I've asked of it.

 

Oh no, I appear to be on a soap-box!  George!

 

Bronzeister!

An external mix/single action airbrush?

Oh dear dear, i am afraid sir that you don't have acces to the VIP lounge 🤣😝

Now seriously, glad you found something that works for you. Airbrushes seem to be the kind of item that you have to bond with, that works for you. 

The airbrushing currents flow turbulently.

 

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Since the red areas for the scheme are going to be masked to paint the gold instead of being red decals, a gloss red base coat has to be airbrushed, over this immaculate, beautiful, pristine white finish. No pressure, uh?.

The door, luggage hatch, cowl, have to painted red too, since they are part of the scheme.

Perhaps tomorrow, after I have gathered enough prana to face the task:

IMG_9100+%25281280x960%2529.jpg

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Navy Bird said:

The man knows how to paint!    👍  👍  👍

 

Cheers,

Bill

Bill, I can sincerely tell you that it's a matter of chance.

Another day, with the same temperature, the same paint, the same dilution, the same airbrush at the same pressure, the same height from the floor and pointing to the exact same direction, the results may be disastrous.

Let's quietly pray to Styrene, the Modeling Muse, for constant results.

 

  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

A differing interpretation, found on the net........ which also shows a pinstripe between the 2 main colours.  As ever, the choice is yours....

 

tiUzp3qhdXIbn7HOfBfw8bOLekQ9On3fLOkOxa_L

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Roger Holden said:

A differing interpretation, found on the net........ which also shows a pinstripe between the 2 main colours.  As ever, the choice is yours....

 

tiUzp3qhdXIbn7HOfBfw8bOLekQ9On3fLOkOxa_L

 

 

Sorry Roger, no picture!

 

 

 

Chris

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, dogsbody said:

 

Sorry Roger, no picture!

 

 

 

Chris

I uploaded it using Google photos and it's showing on mine and also in your reply....

Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, dogsbody said:

All I see is this:

 

Chris

Is this any better ?  I used the Google Photos work around from the 'Hotlinking Photo Host Choices' FAQ. 

 

 

OdHPr_lavTRPJSVoBRq20V69KVi_kNXoGQdoowLY

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

I don't have the time for, nor the interest on this kind of discussions.

The drawing is wrong in two accounts: the color of the trim is not black, and the scheme goes all the way on the leading up to the root.

If anyone wants to continue this subject of the color/finish, please open a new thread, I don't want to clutter this with inaccurate information.

 

NC14250-2.jpg

 

1474688-large.jpg

 

 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Moa said:

 

 

The drawing is wrong in two accounts: the color of the trim is not black, and the scheme goes all the way on the leading up to the root.

 

FWIW Trim colour is shown as brown, not black...

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 7 months later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...