help

reme65

Hi all, I want to take my model making to a different level for me and as such I am looking to add the wiring etc to my models.

What I am looking for are any diagrams/instructions for electrics and airlines etc

The models I concentrate on are Trucks in 1:24 scale.

Any help would be great thanks

Edited by reme65

Can't help with your quest, but I think you'd get a better response if you were to put some additional info in your topic title.  As you're a new member, firstly :welcome: and if you want to edit the title, just click/tap the Edit button in the bar under your first post.  Make some changes and then Save it.  Simple :)

Break the systems down firstly. Air , oil , gas lines etc.

Then research specific vehicles and their schematics and service manuals.

I'm mechanically inclined so a slight advantage understanding systems and how they work

Check out other model forums as well as here , lots of peeps making good models.

Here is a Hillclimber busted out of Revells cop bike kit:

IMG-0966.jpg

The pic shows: HV spark plug wires , wired in kill switch , oil lines , nitro-methane lines  etc. All of which are DIFFERENT.

DONT use the same material for all of the details.

• Like 2

Don’t try and copy the wiring on a truck. If you work logically work out the electrical systems first, run to the lights and connect the battery box. Then do the air lines, steer axles have a single airline, drive two lines. They are larger in size. Run them back via the air tanks to the dryer and then compressor.  I use this for the cables and airlines, search for it on eBay elastic stretch beading string, group it with photoetch cable ties from Czech truck model. I make the looms and remove them from the chassis, paint the chassis then put them back. When being made they are added after the truck is painted. If the truck has had some paint later in its life it will all be the same colour. Do some research on your build.

on Facebook have a look for the Truck Model reference page for lots of detailed pics of trucks to help