Legendary Blackbird - Part 1: A-12 Oxcart (Italeri Conversion)

Serkan Sen

5 hours ago, Serkan Sen said:

Thanks mates. Then if you want to get good discount, don't forget to leave your "like" to my posts 😉.

Nikolay (and Bill as well) will get best value price as they never miss/forget to leave their reactions for my posts 😁.

Serkan

I'll go back through this thread and "like" every one of your posts!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

The afterburner rings were completed. The M-21 afterburner ring design was slightly modified to make it more realistic:

1498.jpg

1499.jpg

1500.jpg

In above photos the right one is the improved afterburner ring model and left one is what was used in M-21 project.

It was not an easy task cutting four ultra thin rings (less than 1mm width) and place them over tiny brackets... 😅

Serkan

Edited by Serkan Sen
  • Like 15

All panel lines were shaded with light ghost gray...

1520.jpg

1521.jpg

90% thinned black mist coats were sprayed:

1522.jpg

After several mists here is the result:

1523.jpg

1524.jpg

Also the canopy and windshield were positioned:

1525.jpg

There are some areas to be retouched but these are minor problems.

Next will be the wheel bays and fins. After then the aircraft will be coated with Future/Pledge and the panel wash will be done.

Serkan

• Like 17

5 hours ago, billn53 said:

Your preshading turned out very nice! Not so easy to do on an overall black aircraft. 

Thanks Bill.

I am afraid that I have applied too many mist coats which makes pre shading almost invisible. I think we will see the result after clear coat.

• Like 4

Excellent job on the pre-shading and overall colouring. Making  dark colour variations ,especially black is not easy to make look good. It doesn't help when the surface is subjected to high heat in different spots and looks more a very deep indigo than black. Well done Sir!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 3/4/2020 at 10:47 AM, Serkan Sen said:

Thanks Bill.

I am afraid that I have applied too many mist coats which makes pre shading almost invisible. I think we will see the result after clear coat.

It should be almost invisible! You won't see it on a real aircraft, so subtle is the way to go. It looks great!

Ian

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Graeme H said:

It certainly coming together now, love what you did with the exhausts, I think with the preshading, the less is more principal applies  seems quite distinctive to me as is. 

Thanks lot Graeme. In fact I did afterburner detailing after Robert's highly motivating reply 😁

• Like 2

6 hours ago, LorenSharp said:

Excellent job on the pre-shading and overall colouring. Making  dark colour variations ,especially black is not easy to make look good. It doesn't help when the surface is subjected to high heat in different spots and looks more a very deep indigo than black. Well done Sir!

Thanks Loren,

Next step is to apply Future/Pledge coat and panel line wash to have effect what the real machine had:

1200px-A12-flying.jpg

• Like 5

2 hours ago, limeypilot said:

It should be almost invisible! You won't see it on a real aircraft, so subtle is the way to go. It looks great!

Ian

I agree Ian.  However the panel lines will be visible as the real aircraft had.

• Like 3