Legendary Blackbird - Part 1: A-12 Oxcart (Italeri Conversion)

Serkan Sen

33 minutes ago, Alan P said:

Finally caught up with this epic build! 

It's just a brilliant piece of project work. Detail analysis, problem solving, fabrication, testing, back to the drawing board... A proper engineering job. 

Superb stuff 👏👏👏

Thanks Alan,

I am giving my best to build this legendary beauty...

Serkan

• Like 3

Maybe some of you noticed that the A-12 was standing on toilet paper:

1396.jpg&key=a29de9d92986bc14ed6f22534a3

The reason is simply having a heavy flu (not bad as Corona) and runny nose and tears in the eyes. Conventional paper tissues was not the solution... 🤧😭

Serkan

Edited by Serkan Sen
  • Like 5
  • Sad 4

8 hours ago, Serkan Sen said:

The reason is simply having a heavy flu (not bad as Corona) and runny nose and tears in the eyes. Conventional paper tissues was not the solution... 🤧😭

Serkan

Yeh, mate; take care. Forget the build for a while until you recover. Any known cases of Coronavirus up there in Germany? How are you hanging today?

Lots, and I mean lots of water, sir.

Cheers,

Unc2

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Alan P said:

You are really giving your all for this build! Hope you feel better soon

3 hours ago, Hornet said:

Great engineering skill Serkan.

Thanks lot mates🙂

3 hours ago, Uncle Uncool said:

Yeh, mate; take care. Forget the build for a while until you recover. Any known cases of Coronavirus up there in Germany? How are you hanging today?

Lots, and I mean lots of water, sir.

Only in south of Germany, Munich. As far as I know 4 cases were reported.

Serkan

Edited by Serkan Sen
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Uncle Uncool said:

Dear God, take care, my mate. Down here people are so afraid to even drink Coronabeer... :lol: 

Yeh, I know.

:coat:

Cheers,

Unc2

I heard people were avoiding Chinatown because of the Coronavirus.

Sometimes I think the human race doesn't have long left...

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Alan P said:

I heard people were avoiding Chinatown because of the Coronavirus.

True, Alan. There's been a lot of paranoia worldwide, especially, when the Chinese people are involved. There's a Chinese neighbourhood in the vicinity of the town of Belgrano, north from where I dwell here in Buenos Aires, and before the turmoil with regard to the Coronavirus was so widely spread, locals would love to go watch the festivities for the Chinese New Year, have some meals and stuff.

This year though, nobody showed up. Locals were afraid of the Chinese relatives travelling in and out from China for the festivities; so sad...

There are a lot of supermarkets owed by the Chinese down here, and I've seen people entering the store wearing a mask! :lol:

It's like they would expect to see zombies shuffling away, and the logo of the Umbrella Corp associated to it. Gimme Milla Jovovich! :wub:

Yeh, we're lost. 

• Like 3

1178.jpg&key=2e7aaf349eb7bad28816eccc794

1372.jpg&key=230451dc5a52b353e15657ce6ac

Since couple of days there was not a progress on project because I realised that I have forgotten to add glare shield and fit windshield base... arrghh... idiot!... 🤪🤯

Yesterday I made necessary modifications on master parts and worked on silicone molds locally. I will see soon if it solves the problem.

Idiot...

Edited by Serkan Sen
  • Like 9
  • Sad 1

Masterful modeling going on here.  You are opening my eyes about what’s possible using resin casting. When I’m finished with my current builds, maybe I’ll find a small project to experiment with some of the methods I’m seeing here. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi Serkan!

I see that your build is progressing alright. How's your flu feeling like? Runny nose stopped?

You'd make a lot of quid if you sold those resin correction pieces on the market. They look just awesome; congrats.

Hope you're doing better, mate.

Yeh, me does....

Cheers,

Unc2

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Uncle Uncool said:

Hi Serkan!

I see that your build is progressing alright. How's your flu feeling like? Runny nose stopped?

You'd make a lot of quid if you sold those resin correction pieces on the market. They look just awesome; congrats.

Hope you're doing better, mate.

Yeh, me does....

Cheers,

Unc2

Runny nose stopped but a terrible headache remains, and a continuous acedia and tiredness...

I am not planning to turn my projects into business but for charity/foundation purposes and also partially to fund my feature projects I can make some of them available to purchase...

Serkan

• Like 2

Good to know that you've stopped leaking water; that's half the problem about that illness. Two to three more days and you should be feeling better.

Awlrighty then, I you ever needed funding for your future projects, here's Uncool Inc. waiting to assist you. :wink:

Take care, my mate!

Cheers,

Unc2 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Uncle Uncool said:

Awlrighty then, I you ever needed funding for your future projects, here's Uncool Inc. waiting to assist you. :wink:

Thanks,

It is good to know that there is a potential resource to fund my oncoming projects 😁

Serkan

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

The problem was solved. The modified mold duplicates the part as desired:

1412.jpg

The upper left shows the 3 parts; initial  part without glare shield and sinked windshield lower edge, the modified area on master piece and duplicated part using corrected mold.

Next is to replace glare shield area on current A-12.

Serkan

Edited by Serkan Sen
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1

On 03/02/2020 at 21:53, Serkan Sen said:

My question is that if 06932 had the same background/primer beneath the tail number...

Just look at the A-12/F-12 «group shot» and you’ll see these backgrounds under their tail numbers. I think the answer to that question is yes. 🤔

On 03/02/2020 at 22:53, Serkan Sen said:

Most probably the paints for tail numbers, stencils and roundels were not sticking well to bare metal/titanium especially at high speed and temperature without having a special coating underneath.

It’s very reasonable point, Serkan.

I hope your health will be great soon, don’t forget to take a lot of sweet tea with a lemon! Excellent progress, as always. Is it you working on a forthcoming Revell release?! 😜

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Nikolay Polyakov said:

I hope your health will be great soon, don’t forget to take a lot of sweet tea with a lemon!

Hi Nikolay,

Thanks for your advice, this is exactly what I am doing. I am not in favour of taking any kind of medicine. 😀

21 minutes ago, Nikolay Polyakov said:

Is it you working on a forthcoming Revell release?!

You cought me mate. I sold my all drawings to Revell for their next release... Of course I am joking 😁

Serkan

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, Uncle Uncool said:

You'd make a lot of quid if you sold those resin correction pieces on the market.

And some dollars as well. I have some standing by, just in case (he said, hopefully).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Space Ranger said:

And some dollars as well. I have some standing by, just in case (he said, hopefully).

8 hours ago, Uncle Uncool said:

You'd make a lot of quid if you sold those resin correction pieces on the market.

Thanks mates. Then if you want to get good discount, don't forget to leave your "like" to my posts 😉.

Nikolay (and Bill as well) will get best value price as they never miss/forget to leave their reactions for my posts 😁.

Serkan

• Like 2
  • Haha 4