1/48 - Boeing B-17G by HK Models - Release Oct 19 - Eduard F Summer 2024

Sidders

On 9/23/2019 at 8:58 PM, fightersweep said:

Not just a guy sat on the couch, but someone who got off the couch and scratch built his own Eagle because the old MPC kit was so bad. That's pretty cool in my books. Any photos?

Finally found them. Here you go: 

On 11/19/2019 at 8:44 PM, Nocoolname said:

Finally found the photos of the 1/72 Eagles I designed, developed and built from AM parts, 3D CAD designed and printed parts, bespoke PE sets and turned aluminium parts. This was back around 2012ish. Anyway, with the imminent arrival of my long awaited 'accurate' IM Eagles and accessories I'm thinking of dusting of some of the parts - namely the full walkway, command module and passenger pod interiors along with the parts to provide thrusters to the CM and to fully articulate the primary and secondary (POD) landing gear so I can 'super detail' my new kits and add a 'ready-baked' cargo pod to boot. Some pics below:

IMG_0216 IMG_0218 IMG_0251 IMG_0255 IMG_0221 IMG_0240 9

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Nocoolname said:

Finally found them. Here you go:

That is just awesome work and hard to believe it's not studio scale. How many hours of design and other work did the Eagle take? I'll point my mate this way for a look. He's an Eagle nut and just joined Britmodeller and would love this as I do. Thanks for sharing!

Back on topic with the B-17. Was there any indication of a release date at Telford?

Steve

• 2 weeks later...

Hannants says due week commencing 2nd Dec on their home page.

I'm in no rush to build it yet though. Keen to see how much aftermarket comes along for it first before I start. This one is an uber build for me.

Steve

Edited by fightersweep

46 minutes ago, Scooby said:

Anyone see this kit yet on the shelves or online, Oct 19th has passed, and now it is December 1.

Have you attempted to buy it at Wonderland?  If you had, you would see that they have removed the "expected 1 December" tag and you can put it in your basket and, as far as I can see, order it right now.  I didn't go as far as to pay for one as I am not getting one, but there was no sign of any difficulty

5 hours ago, Stephen said:

It's out in the UK. My LHS had one in stock  yesterday.

Yep! Had an email exchange with a chap from HKM last week who said they'd already landed in the UK so I'm guessing they've just going through the usual logistics before hitting the shelves.