1/48 - Boeing B-17G by HK Models - Release Oct 19 - Eduard F Summer 2024

Sidders

Looks a bit odd to me. Perhaps it's just the photos. There's a few little errors I've spotted, but I guess it's all down to a modellers budget, skill and effort level they want to put into building or re-working a kit. While it's beyond my budget, I'd never spend that figure on plastic anyway, Especially as I picked up a Revell for £15. 
Still, I hope it sells well for them.

16 hours ago, Army_Air_Force said:

There's a few little errors I've spotted

Any chance of sharing your observations please? Enquiring minds need to know 🙂

If anyone is interested, there is a test shot build review over at Modelling Madness.....

https://modelingmadness.com/review/allies/cleaver/us/usaaf/bomber/tc17.htm

Steve

Edited by fightersweep

From the pictures on Modelling Madness it looks good to my eye  - at least in terms of overall shape. 

However, the too-long landing gear seems to have been carried over from the 1/32 offering though - easily correctable as it is with the larger version. 

Overall looks like a good representation of a B-17 and I’ll certainly be treating myself to a few. 

Tom

Edited by tomprobert
Typos

2 hours ago, fightersweep said:

Any chance of sharing your observations please? Enquiring minds need to know 🙂

Without looking too deeply into it......

The cowl gills appear to have gaps between them.

Landing gear too long.
The bottom of the nose glass looks a bit too narrow compared to original photos.
Chin turret underside profile looks wrong.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Army_Air_Force said:

The cowl gills appear to ...look fine!

Landing gear ...looks fine!
The bottom of the nose glass looks ...absolutely fine!
Chin turret underside profile looks ...absolutely fine!

But I'll wait until the plastic is actually in my hands before I say for sure! :D

Hey Army Air Force... I fixed your post for you! :D:D:D

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

15 hours ago, Army_Air_Force said:

The cowl gills appear to have gaps between them.

Landing gear too long.
The bottom of the nose glass looks a bit too narrow compared to original photos.
Chin turret underside profile looks wrong.

Thanks for sharing your observations...and I know you know your B-17s sir!

Must admit that the cowling gills looked a bit gappy to me too, and, I'm assuming the landing gear is in the unloaded position as it does look a bit tall. All in all, easy fixes except the nose glass if it does end up being a bit narrow, Sure looks like a nice kit though. Can't wait to get started on it.

Steve

18 hours ago, Nocoolname said:

The cowl gills appear to ...look fine!

Landing gear ...looks fine!
The bottom of the nose glass looks ...absolutely fine!
Chin turret underside profile looks ...absolutely fine!

But I'll wait until the plastic is actually in my hands before I say for sure! 

:blink2: Nestor, this is like you were desperately trying to correct a B-17 encyclopædia... 

Also, and judging by them piccies of the built kit on Modelling Madness, on the exterior at least, I'd have completely bought that this is the Monogram kit had someone told me so. It looks quite like the same.

Yeh, me would...

Cheers,

Unc2

3 hours ago, Uncle Uncool said:

:blink2: Nestor, this is like you were desperately trying to correct a B-17 encyclopædia... 

Also, and judging by them piccies of the built kit on Modelling Madness, on the exterior at least, I'd have completely bought that this is the Monogram kit had someone told me so. It looks quite like the same.

Yeh, me would...

Cheers,

Unc2

Shhhhhh…….. there's a good chap! 😉

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Uncle Uncool said:

Bwaahahahaha...!!! :rofl2: I suppose frightenedsheep knows this as a matter of fact. :wink:

It's simple old chap. We all have to be on meds to be on Britmodeller :threadlock::spoon::banghead:

9 hours ago, 28ZComeback said:

186 replies in about two weeks. Does that set a record for this forum? The most widely anticipated model kit since the secret stealth kit in 1986, 

Nah, read through the comments, most of the posts have nothing to do with the kit. 😒

Its a kit that's certainly caught my eye as a casual modeller, its the right scale, it looks really detailed inside and out, perhaps only the paint decal schemes might be more interesting? ... But that is all highly subjective, this is where AM will come in for those that need it ... and I am sure it will for this release.

I'm no expert and prefer being a casual modeller, but the nose section near the cockpit seems to have been addressed compared to their 1/32 kit ... This is a good move from the company as a subject I think, a good B17 in this scale is well overdue and welcome.

I think the glow and anticipation about this kit is warranted/justified.

Edited by One 48