1/48 - Boeing B-17G by HK Models - Release Oct 19 - Eduard F Summer 2024

Sidders

Thanks Sidders.

1/48th - Hong Kong Models (HK) - ref. 01F001 - Boeing B-17G Flying Fortress

Source: https://www.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2349658201950458&id=1375731456009809

I believe most of modeler thinking we are only making 1/32 or even larger scale kit. Yes. it is true, as making large kit which are our passionate and mission for HKM. Over these years, Some of modeler still want something nice 1/48 kit with easy and quick to build, very detail surface detail and sensible kit engineering. Here is our 1st 1/48. B-17G early production, item no: 01F001. The designs concept of this 1/48 is combining our past experiences in 1/32 kit, easy to build, nice surface detail. sensible part engineering. beautiful marking, fantastic box art by talented Piotr Forkasiewicz. Hope you will like it.
The release date will be within Oct. 2019. Please contact your location hobby shop for details.

70613132-2349652885284323-80824418275352

70776829-2349653038617641-19578457880212

70780988-2349653351950943-50478873809550 

71138327-2349653495284262-50269422299067

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 8

I can't see it having a less than a fairly hefty three-figure price tag. A 1/48 B-17G is a similar size to a 1/32 Mosquito and much larger than a 1/32 Do.335 (and arguably more complex than either), and they all retail in the £150 - £180 range whether HK or Tamiya.

On renders look it as relative simple kit with basic interior. Probably very place for after market for detail maniacs. But this is good direction for HK. When make relative simple,accurate and good priced kit of B-17 (and later B-25J and maybe Lanc)so their have a "milking cow". 

But i curious what Tamiya. A decade ago goes rumors about "very soon released B-17 in quarter scale and this kit wasn' t released. So-maybe now :) ?

And "Memphis Belle" coming soon ?"

Edited by AlCZ

It is good to see them venture into 1/48 and a great subject to start them off.  I am very interested to see the level of detail in the kit itself as I am generally not keen on buying a fortune in after market stuff.  About time for a new tooled B-17 just very surprised it was not Trumpy doing it

The Monogram kit was released in 1975. It will be interesting to make a comparison to see how far moulding has come and indeed whether the new kit has the same impact in the minds of the buyers.  The new model will be better obviously but after some 44 years - yes that’s 44 years and hands up those of us who remember it - just how good was Monogram back in the day? 

• Like 2

When have big scale Fortress shape errors we can hope all were in quarter scale deleted.  Old Monogram kit is relative accurate and was a little shame when new tool kit isn't. So, i hope a new Hk was better as giant scale sister. I was sceptic and don't hope any company waste their funds to another quarter scale B-17, when ignored it 45 years :/

• Like 1

I'm looking forward to this being released and will definitely be getting one when it comes out. 

Be nice to add a good detailed 48th bomber to the collection if the images are anything to go by. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, chrisrope said:

Haha I just bought a Revell one yesterday via eBay, perfect timing. 

Bet this ones costs more than the £21 I paid though

Dude, we are on the same plane!! Last model show I bought one, but only for 20US. Now I have to see about offloading the two that I have.

1 hour ago, kopperhed said:

Chant with me! We want a B-17C!

17 C!

17 C!

17 C!

I'm still hoping for a YB-17 in /48 or /72!!

Edited by Thom216
  • Like 1

Here we go... 

After 40 years of having only one manufacturer's very dated tooling available (two variants) we are now looking at a crisp, new kit with details to die for and its a... 'can it be a D... no, no, can it be an X... no, no a Z-12… oh but look at that bump, there on the wing, the 'real' one had it four millimetres shorter... and on and on... '. Can we not just let them get it out of the barn first? Given what happened to AMK's Kittycat it's hardly surprising that manufacturer's are keeping things under wraps until the last minute.

They would have to have the wings the wrong way round and the fuselage replaced with the body of a Mini Cooper for it to take second fiddle to the Monogram kit.

Edited by Nocoolname
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, Nocoolname said:

'can it be a D... no, no, can it be an X... no, no a Z-12…

Watchatalkin'bout, Mister...??? You talkin' loco? There's neither an B-17X nor B-17Z-12 :bleh:

Please let it have "they're" flap down/open bomb bay option, yeh? Oh, and the ball turret HAS to have some interior detail, please?

Yeh it has...

Cheers,

Unc2  

• Like 2

Just now, Uncle Uncool said:

Watchatalkin'bout, Mister...??? You talkin' loco? There's neither an B-17X nor B-17Z-12 :bleh:

Seriously!? I'm stunned no one has piped up yet with a demand for an obscure 'digit' model. 'The one that only had one mission because someone dropped their powdered egg on the wheel...' or some such

:wall::rant:

• Like 1