Hello from Houston, Texas

Ranger I Pct 4

I've been away from scale modeling for about 20 years. I tried getting back into it with the 1/96 Constitution, I found out I bit off  more than I could chew. So it is in dry dock for a long while. 

A year ago I bought the Revell 1/48 B-17G. I do not own an airbrush yet, so everything is painted with rattle-can and brush paints and of course some PE from Eduard for the nose, guns, and wheels and a host of other tools, blades, glues, putty, paints, and more. Funny thing is, the kit was $12.00 using the 40% off coupon at Hobby Lobby. None-the-less it has proven to be enjoyable.

OK, now to the questions. I'm going to try to post pics for welcomed advice, tip, and tricks.

• Like 1

Hello Ranger...:post1: from Chicago. I need to move to Texas, The same kit in the local hobby lobby with the 40% coupon up here would be in the $20-$25 range. Its funny but sometimes the kits are the cheap part of the hobby ? Then you need all the supplies to go and build it. 

Dennis

• Thanks 1

Hi Ranger and welcome aboard. If you want to post photos on BM then have a look in FAQ's. There are a couple of posts regarding Flikr and Village Photos and how to use them. Remember that you can't post directly from your computer, you have to use a photo hosting site. 

John.

• Thanks 1

Thanks all. 

Dennis,

Thank you. it's so true how a $5.00 model can end up costing $40+😂

Steve,

Thank you. Yes, lots of rain but, lucky for us minimal flooding (compared to past storms). The eastern part and sea-level areas were the hardest hit. 🙏

John,

Thank you and thanks for the information I will look into that.I mostly use my phone. 

Thanks Pete.

I actually used a very thin sheet of balsa wood for the flooring and Eduard PE.

Being away from the bench, since 98

I looked at a lot of tutorials then trying to form my own style.

I doubt I'll ever come near as good as y'all, but it's OK I'm just having fun. Although the build is sporadic at best; with the kids sports and school projects, and my going back to college, work, and life. It has been a year in August 2018 when I started this B-17. 

I do not have an airbrush as of yet. I still use the old rattle can, Testors and Tamiya bottles and thinner. 😄

• Like 1

Mdauben, welcome back! This is such a relaxing hobby that I feel we all have enjoyed from our youth to now and beyond. I'm glad there are forums, like this, to call for help and share our achievements! I look forward hearing from you and seeing your work from time to time.spacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 1