1/12 Hasegawa Suzuki GT380 - Final Reveal

Hi guys, well that went together super quick, really enjoyed this build, great engineering. Instructions were not quite up to Tamiya's standards and not a beginner’s kit, for example the fuel tap was in 3 sections, a beautiful copy of the real thing, but the instructions were a bit vague as to how it all fitted. Lucky for me that I had seen an original tap up close and knew how it all should look, also at this scale this bike had loads of very fiddly cables and tubes to be cut to length and fitted in place. I painted the kit supplied chrome parts with a wash of AK grease enamel, I wanted the bike to look like it had been used all week to get to and from work and with lots of grime and rainwater exposure from the daily commute in all weathers, no show pony! Still I think it turned out a little gem in the end, I look forward to building another Hasegawa bike kit.

jMdSvLc.jpg
6EBvGgA.jpg
ekZXkhm.jpg
dJMn1h3.jpg
hiag7cJ.jpg

Edited by Lee Chambers
  • Like 13

20 minutes ago, limeypilot said:

Looks great, lovely work and a great little model.

I never did like those American market handlebars though.

Ian

Cheers Ian,yes i was never a fan of the higher bars,pity the smaller scale bikes suffer from beefy looking spokes,but it is what it is i guess.

Kawasaki remodelled the Z750 and the Z-Thou.  Suzuki have remodelled the Katana.  I wonder how a modern and remodelled GT380 would look?  Probably not as good as your model.  Somewhere in the depths of my sound memory this stirs a braaap - braaaap - ying.

• Like 1

That's turned out superb Lee looks the biz! nice to see the Katana too my last bike before four wheels beckoned was the 550

version which was a little "prettier" but not much.

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Wonky Donkey said:

That's very nice, that is. Paintwork is super and - cos I'm just wierd - I really, really like the "sit" (or should it be "hang"..?) of the cabling! 

Chapeau! 

W-D 

Cheers W-D,i too am OCD when it comes to how the cables should have some weight to them,i usually feed some wire into the hollow tubing to help get the bend right.