Pursue & Destroy ‒ My Mustangs of the Mighty Eighth

Toryu

Thanks for posting these Michael! 🍻 They do look great, and it's impressive to see what you've made of them.   I'm so glad you posted them for everyone to see just what a fine model is lurking in those Monogram Mustangs.   As you might guess, I have also built the Monogram P-51D, in the markings of Drew Urban's "Detroit Miss".  It was built in 1989, and is one of my Monogram kits that has never "stood before the camera". 🙂 It was about my 5th or 6th completion after restarting the hobby, iirc.   Maybe it should take that short ride out to the airport and see how it looks out there?  Crude by the standards you set with those beautiful Mustangs of yours, I admit that I'm now curious to see how she photographs.

Thanks for the pics and thanks for the inspiration as well!

• Thanks 1

Amazing! Your models turn out perfectly and your photography is perfect. One can not say , is it historical photography or model?

thats really the way of presentation that I prefer too. 

Superb job!!! 

Cheers

Andy 

• Thanks 1

• 5 months later...
On 9/22/2019 at 8:26 PM, opus999 said:

Beautiful! I really enjoy the historical background. Also, your NMF is very convincing. 

Agree!

• Thanks 1

• Toryu changed the title to Pursue & Destroy ‒ The 66th Fighter Wing enters the fray

What an incredible collection, Michael!  Outstanding workmanship, research, and photography! They are all museum quality builds, but I really like "Bee" Beeson's P-51B- an ace that doesn't seem to get the attention he justly deserves! Well done! Lots of little Mustang  nuances you got right in each of the finished models- from several different kit makers, too! :worthy:

Mike

• Like 1

On 21/04/2021 at 18:17, mackem01 said:

Next stop the Pacific theatre??

Thank you! If I'll ever find the time to build more Mustangs I'd love to delve into the 15th Air Force with their colourful tails. But for now I have six more 8AF birds to restore and one to build.

On 22/04/2021 at 03:37, 72modeler said:

Well done! Lots of little Mustang  nuances you got right in each of the finished models

Thanks Mike! I'm very pleased by this commendation from a knowledgeable person like yourself. 45 years of Mustang-mania and I still learn new aspects of this wonderful fighter. Context and background are as fascinating for me as the model itself.

Cheers, Michael

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Toryu changed the title to Pursue & Destroy ‒ The full picture