1/48th Spitfire FR.18, 208 Sqn, Egypt, converted from the Academy kit.

tonyot

Hiya Folks,

This old Academy kit has been on the shelf of doom for ages,....... and it was modified using the Daco Products resin conversion set, comprising of  a more accurate nose, propeller, radiators and rudder. I eventually got around to finishing it off in the post war desert scheme adopted by 208 Sqn at Fayid in Egypt during 1949 following aggressive action by Israeli and Egyptian Spitfire Mk.IX`s which were camouflaged in the same grey and green scheme that the RAF was also using. The post war desert scheme was Dark Earth and Light Slate Grey and the colours for the model came from old Aeromaster acrylics in this case,... and as usual they were brush painted,..... the decals came from Freightdog Decals..

Here is the real aircraft;

Spitfire-FR-XVIII-1950-GP.jpg

Here is the model;

DSCF6823-NEW.jpg

DSCF6819-NEW.jpgDSCF6825-NEW.jpg

DSCF6812-NEW.jpg

DSCF6821-NEW.jpg

DSCF6824-NEW.jpg

DSCF6808-NEW.jpg

DSCF6820-NEW.jpg

DSCF6818-NEW.jpg

DSCF6826-NEW.jpg

Cheers

Tony

• Like 23

Smashing Spitfire.I do believe every Spitfans need this particular marque in their collection.It's so different from the rest of the crowd,different colours,big colourful squadron's creast on the nose and based in that part of the world that is still tainted with wars. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Kampartiger said:

Smashing Spitfire.I do believe every Spitfans need this particular marque in their collection.It's so different from the rest of the crowd,different colours,big colourful squadron's creast on the nose and based in that part of the world that is still tainted with wars. 

6 hours ago, 28ZComeback said:

Amazing work!! The kit is actually quite nice and you have made it even better with the mods. 

Thanks Fella`s,...... glad you like it,

Cheers,

Tony

16 hours ago, ApaininSpain said:

Great work Tonyot..

Did you replace the canopy? I remember it being pretty bad..

Thanks mate,.....I was thinking of doing, especially due to the mould line running through it,..... but in the end I went with it,......sanded the mould line out and re polished it.

On 9/20/2019 at 8:57 PM, Mohawk said:

Never seen a late Spitfire in that camo before,very nice.:clap2:

Mohawk

Thanks,...... yeah it is a rare scheme,......only worn by the Spitfire 18 & Tempest 6 as far as I know.