First Post: Eduard big African Emil

phil23

Hi everyone,

This is my first post in this section and I present you my last build: 1/32 Eduard 109 E-7 trop. The kits is oob and definitely not a straightforward build for me at least… wrapped front fuselage, hug gaps on the underside of the wing/fuselage joints, etc..

Paints are from the AK "True Colour" range and despite the ease or use, I am a bit puzzled regarding the tint of the Rlm 79 which looks too orange for me… but I'm far from an expert.

A final word: it's my first 1/32 Emil since my childhood attempt on a Matchbox kit in 1978 (and I had more fun!)

Thanks for watching

Phil

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 44
  • Thanks 1

'I am a bit puzzled regarding the tint of the Rlm 79 which looks too orange for me'

Oh no, an opening for the Great RLM Colour Debate!  Alas I am an expert in nothing, except in knowing what I like; and your Emil is a model I like a lot.

5 hours ago, Natter said:

'I am a bit puzzled regarding the tint of the Rlm 79 which looks too orange for me'

Oh no, an opening for the Great RLM Colour Debate!  Alas I am an expert in nothing, except in knowing what I like; and your Emil is a model I like a lot.

I read a lot about the subject of RLM colors and are more than amazed from what the experts could find out and deduct from b&w pics and old paint chips and old regulations.

My personal summary is as follows:

paints change a lot over time

paints got mixed

no one knows really for sure

therefore: there is practically nothing that was not (i.e. everything is possible)

or: if you painted it and like the result it is GOOD!

And I do apologize if I restarted that discussion, I kind of was trying to achieve the opposite ...

• Like 2

Very nice indeed, great work! 

You've seen already I have the same problems you do with the kit. Hope I can get mine to look half as decent as yours! 

Great job 

Excellent work.

From what I have seen and read, RLM when freshly applied was a darkish tan colour but faded under the sun to a paler, sandy shade.

AW

This is a beautiful piece of work.  Very precise finish!  I think the colors look just right.  This is one of my favorite paint schemes for the 109 -- in fact I just ordered an E-7 with this paint scheme myself.  Great job!

Hi to all,

Thank you for the kind comments and the welcoming words!

As you may have noticed, this paint shceme is the one depicted in the 1/72 Matchbox kit boxart… a true chilhood memory!

I have a plan to make modern kits wearing old matchbox box art paint scheme, the next one on the list will be the Dooleybird Mustang based on the 1/48 Airfix Kit.