1/48 - Lockheed F-104G Starfighter by Avantgarde Model Kits (AMK) - box art

Homebee

Avantgarde Model Kits (AMK) is reported by MMCT Facebook Group as working on a 1/48th Lockheed F-104G Starfighter kit - ref.

Considering the MMCT support to the project I guess we can expect soon or later a RoCAF "long nose" F-104G with the HIAC-1 LOROP system - http://www.916-starfighter.de/F-104_ROCAF_LOROP_H.Prins.pdf 

To be followed

Sources: 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/MilitaryModelingSRG/permalink/2374473086101901/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/MilitaryModelingSRG/permalink/2374473086101901/

70335155-10156377270389147-4100320847024

71037559-222230435408268-864483186325009

Original box art as anonymously published on January 4th, 2019.

Note the two - wrong and now disappeared - characteristical F-104S additional ventral fins.

Source: https://www.facebook.com/groups/MilitaryModelingSRG/permalink/2209396522609559/

49206529-160869538211025-276806028143833

V.P.

Matt-Memory2.jpg

Edited by Homebee

2 minutes ago, franky boy said:

If it is true I hope it turns up quicker than the Tomcat!

James 

The F-104 has never been praised for its turning abilities.

S.

• Like 1
  • Haha 12

Shizuoka 2020:

Tamiya announces  a retooled P-51 and Lanc in 48th

Hasegawa shows their new tool Bf 109 G and announces a new tool series of F-4s (with extensive slide molding), also 48th

Rumours also tell that GWH, Kinetic and another Chinese brand work on Tomcats and Phantoms, GWH also on a Starfighter

In the next 18 months at least three or four injection molded SR-71 / YF-12 will come out.

Kitty Hawk announces a 32nd Pucara.

Takom goes into aircraft models and shows a 3D print of a 48th Gina, Phantoms in consideration.

And more Starfighters to come…...

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

8 hours ago, Homebee said:

A hoax? 

Mmmmmm... most prolly; yeh. Y'know how AMK love to announce future releases when there's another manufacturer which is about to release the same kit, same scale (different version).

There's a local saying down here which goes: "When you've burnt yer finger with boilt milk you'll cry at spotting a cow".

As if, AS IF I'd wait for AMK to release "they're" Starfighter kit... :rofl2: Not a chance in hell.

Yeh, me won't...

Cheers,

Unc2

PS: three and a half hours 'til evening; today's Indian Pale Ale time! I just drink on Fridays, and I usually drink no more than four to five pints. I don't smoke, I don't do drugs. 

• Thanks 1

Some manufacturers are like that shop that tries to muscle in on everybody else's business by trying to sell the same products. Whenever a new shop opens up you can guarantee that within a month or two they'll be trying to compete with it. There is one in every town.

Come on!

There are so many more subject they could have done, but they just going to release a subject Kinetic just released and it is supposed to be very good.

Sometimes I don’t understand model

companies.

• Like 2

Good molds will last longer than I will so if they think they can do better then I say go for it!  I am sure if the kit is good they will be able to get decent sales out of it.  But it is beyond me why they chose this specific plane but since it is not my investment money I am not particularly concerned.  Who thought we really needed another P-51D and the we see what Eduard does and yes I guess we did need another P-51D.  So they will have to convince me with their product - I am happy to keep an open mInd.

• Like 1

Project officially confirmed: 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1001193059922345?view=permalink&id=3146114308763532

So the AMK F-104 seems to have been announced somewhat prematurely.

Nevertheless it's coming and with some amazing experts on board working with us this should be one to wait for.

No need to guess about release dates yet but this will have the usual AMK attention to detail and 'easy to build' ethos we hope to give you.

So far we have recruited volunteers from the modelling community and from various museums and authors of the Starfighter legend. We are grateful to them for their help of course.

F-14D coming to shops near you imminently and other projects asap.

This is an early warning to let you know this is real and coming, not a rumour.

If you want to be part of this and lend us your thoughts post below and be part of a community that gets what they want.

Post your ideas for new innovations and help make the kit YOU want. Weapons, decals, details and variants. You help us decide :)

We may be a little slow to deliver right now as we are still small but we are accelerating FAST!

V.P.

Edited by Homebee

SUGGESTIONS to justify a new F-104 on the side of a good and a very good competing kit:

1.include a turned brass pitot,

2.include all main wheel options,

3.include the F-104S options (intakes, fins, underwing stations),

4.make extensive use of slide molding,

5.include AS-38 and B-61 weapon options and the recce variations,

6.make a decal that is comprehensive, well printed and designed

• Like 2

7. Don't take pre-orders.

8. Please don't state it's going to be "The Mother Of All Starfighter" kits right from the start before there's even CAD images... :rolleyes:

9. Don't repeat the awful comms horrors you made during the Tomcat kit project.

10. Take the expert modellers' advice on the forums you choose to post info regarding your new releases. 

• Like 5

Huh, this is a crazy, now we have a new tool Kinetic and now another "Starf" ?

I bought Kinetic soon.

AMK make Tomcat a very long time, a kit still isn´t released, logic step was most popular "A" (especially with ´Nam decals) - and now - Starf.... Huh.... Why ? Why ?

• Like 1

I would go for a two seater but I suspect we will see one soon enough from Kenetic so I don't think this would be a differentiator.  How about at a really good price, now that gets my attention every time (says the accountant in me)

• Like 1

15 hours ago, jsolo said:

Come on!

There are so many more subject they could have done, but they just going to release a subject Kinetic just released and it is supposed to be very good.

Sometimes I don’t understand model

companies.

Because what probably often happens in this situation is a company spends a long while planning researching and doing a lot of the CAD work before they go public. So when another company announces a subject that you've already spent good time and money on, you have to make the decision if it's worth continuing the project or not. Look what happen with the 1/48th scale P-51's over the last few years - all three companies probably started the project long before any of them were announced.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Tbolt said:

Because what probably often happens in this situation is a company spends a long while planning researching and doing a lot of the CAD work before they go public. So when another company announces a subject that you've already spent good time and money on, you have to make the decision if it's worth continuing the project or not. Look what happen with the 1/48th scale P-51's over the last few years - all three companies probably started the project long before any of them were announced.

It happened to Accurate Miniatures back in the mid 1990's , they had a 1/48 Beaufighter series set for release and were beaten to it by Tamiya. The AM release never saw the light of day. I believe Dragon (?) were going to release a 1/48 A/B-26 Invader and Revell-Monogram released one first.

• Like 1