Fokker C.VD (Hisp), scratch, 1/48

JohnHaa

Dear modellers,

Here are some pictures of my first total scratch build model. A kind of a milestone in my building

history.

Counting back, it must be some 30 years old now, it survived 4 house movements !

Recently I had a critical look at it and because somehow the prop was not to my liking. After

finding a good photograph, it turned out to be too smal in diameter.

So after some dusting I made a new one and everything looks better now.

Surprisingly, overall the model is still in good shape, no cracks etc after all those years.

Some remarks about the way I made this model. The wing was made out of solid wood and carved

in shape. Nowadays I would use thin plastic sheet. But that's called progress ? !

Well have a look and enjoy this oldie.!

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

With kind regards

JohnHaa

• Like 16

It looks like you have been sooo good right from the start. How many hours do you need for such a model? I'm asking because I need already 250-300 for a heavily upgraded (or restored) kit model.

Thanks all for your kind remarks and comments !

For Gary:

The wheels etc are also scratch, sometimes I'm lucky and find a part in the scrapbox, but mostly I have to make it myself.

For the wheels I have a simple solution, a small dremmel and a hobby knife and very important......a pair of glasses to protect your eyes....

spacer.png 

And for Michael, I never kept a record of spent houres,🤔 A guess;  when I count give or take about 160-200 houres.

When I was paid for these houres I was a miljonair now !  

Kind greetings

JohnHaa

• Like 1

"The wheels etc are also scratch, sometimes I'm lucky and find a part in the scrapbox, but mostly I have to make it myself.

For the wheels I have a simple solution, a small dremmel and a hobby knife and very important......a pair of glasses to protect your eyes...."

Amazing, simply amazing John!  :worthy: