1/48 F-18F Super Hornet "Diamondbacks" VFA-102

Yes, it's beautiful! Jurek must have put a

lot of work into it! Jurek, tell me please, 

it looks like you used the aires wellbays? If so, I  imagine it was alot of work too get those in?

Edited by B.sin

42 minutes ago, B.sin said:

Yes, it's beautiful! Jurek must have put a

lot of work into it! Jurek, tell me please, 

it looks like you used the aires wellbays? If so, I  imagine it was alot of work too get those in?

Well i had bought Aires big set for ..... Hasegawa before and used it.

Fitting? - hard topic, all generals resin parts fit inside with space limits. You must send all unnecessery resin, some walls (inside from fuell tank) make tin like a paper or remove plastic parts. In nose wheell bay and cockpit zero places, i must remove floor in front cockpit.

But as I sad I'm crazy and used set for hasegawa.😏:yahoo:

• Like 1

That is one incredible model Jurek! :worthy: The attention to detail and the precision of your build is just "jaw-dropping"!!   I've been going over the great photos (kudos on those as well!) and find more to be amazed by with every turn.    I so admire anyone's ability to produce a model like this; I think it's a beautiful piece of scale modeling work.  If I had a hat, I would be tipping it to you sir.  :clap2:

Very very impressive job. Truly a fantastic piece of work. I've got 3 or 4 of those Revell kits. So basically after some extensive sanding and shimming you were able to fit all the pieces designed for the Hasegawa kit into this, correct? 

41 minutes ago, whiskey said:

So basically after some extensive sanding and shimming you were able to fit all the pieces designed for the Hasegawa kit into this, correct? 

correct :yes:

41 minutes ago, Baldy said:

I am curious - why did you use this kit, which is allegedly inferior, and not Hasegawa?

Cheers

Malcolm

Well, bought sometime for nice camo. Hasegawa Diamondback or Daco aftermarket decals were unavailable to me

• Thanks 1

That is superb Jurek, also one of the best schemes ever on a modern jet.  Seeing work like this really makes me want to move to 1/48 from 1/72 scale.

Fantastic and inspirational stuff.

Phil

11 hours ago, Booty003 said:

That is superb Jurek, also one of the best schemes ever on a modern jet.  Seeing work like this really makes me want to move to 1/48 from 1/72 scale.

Fantastic and inspirational stuff.

Phil

I made this decision 6 years ago, and I don't regret it....