Short Sunderland Mk III - Italeri 1/72

CedB

4 hours ago, CedB said:

Thursday I'm having a dashcam fitted to the T-Roc.

You’re touring our US friends in Blackburn’s (ahem) finest?  Our Belgian and Martian friends might just spontaneously combust with joy.  

Ambassador, wiz zis turret fighter you are really spoiling us.  [Apologies to any reader not familiar with UK 1980s chocolate adverts]

• Haha 9

• 3 weeks later...

My task is over, my goal has been reached… two fun packed weeks, one packed T-Roc boot (ahem) and 1,600+ miles later, there's a Sunderland to be attended to.

Once I've read this thread to see what the heck I'm doing :shrug: 

A gentle return to the bench saw the bombs have their fuses painted, Bill's Dad's box painted and the bomb rails blackened:

49069945496_f76d45ef82_z.jpg

I've also run some more Klear into the fuselage trenches. 

Let's see what the morning brings :) 

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, CedB said:

Once I've read this thread to see what the heck I'm doing :shrug: 

Why worry Ced? Nobody else does!

It was great to see you and our Colonial guests at Telford and then Cosford. I trust they had an enjoyable, if sometimes confusing, time? Heaven knows what they made of General Melchett in his regimental dress.

Martian 👽

• Haha 10

50 minutes ago, CedB said:

Let's see what the morning brings :) 

Good to have you back here, Ced. Glad you had a great time and instantly back on the bench:nodding:

Tomorrow; Well, let me say so: Hopefully for me al less deformed visage after a root end surgery yesterday and a bit more than a well made soup for the weekend :ike:

Cheers Benedikt

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, bbudde said:

Hopefully for me al less deformed visage after a root end surgery yesterday and a bit more than a well made soup for the weekend :ike:

Wouldn't it be easier just to pay up? 💷

Helpful of Mars 👽

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

Ced, glad to hear you survived Cookie and PC's Excellent Adventure! Back to the Sunderland it is, then. (May the Good Lord Ganesha help me but I'm using your build as something of a guide for my (very humble) build, so get it right, man!).

Best Regards,

Jason

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, bbudde said:

Hello Martian, what Do you mean?

Cheers

Sorry Benedickt, a joke. When I was a Customs Officer one of my duties was to collect unpaid taxes. People used to joke that deformity and surgery were the usual results of cases entrusted to my tender care! If you were really unlucky, your case landed on my desk the morning after Oxford United had lost

Martian 👽

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

39 minutes ago, Martian Hale said:

Sorry Benedickt, a joke. When I was a Customs Officer one of my duties was to collect unpaid taxes. People used to joke that deformity and surgery were the usual results of cases entrusted to my tender care!

Oh Martian Let me explain: If you offering me diamonds and rust; I've already paid ( Joan Baez).......... This back tooth is a diva since easter this year. Well, since that it got its own crown. And it behaves like this even to the surrounding companions and to the lower subvervients. That caused me to do several campaigns against this year like "Antibiotika, several visits to the dentist, a root channel treatment 3 month ago, several gumboils and now Antibiotika again after the last treatment yesterday. Well, I need this tooth for Currywurst, Gyros, Pommes, Stulle/ Butterbrot=Sandwich etc.! So it got its credit for good work over the years since that, but if it behaves like Paris Hilton or Heidi Klum etc. furthermore in the future, it has go and will be replaced by a better and more reliable  B-Movie star.

Hope, I could explain that to you  Martian.

Sorry, Ced for the sourrounding banter.

Cheers

Edited by bbudde
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, CedB said:

Bill's Dad's box painted

I have to admit I had to read that twice to understand what you meant.....!! :whistle:

12 minutes ago, giemme said:

There, just like nothing has happened,

What? Did something happen....?? 

Keith

• Haha 6

Damn, Ced! I forgot you were working on this, I was so into the travelogue tale. I'd rate it right up there with Homer's Odyssey and Around The World In 80 Days.

Chris

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Thanks Stew, Bill, Martian, Giorgio, Keith, Chris, John, Terry and Ian for the welcome back. It was a great two weeks and I really enjoyed the guy's company and meeting some new and existing BM chums. Tiring, but memorable :) 

13 hours ago, Learstang said:

Ced, glad to hear you survived Cookie and PC's Excellent Adventure! Back to the Sunderland it is, then. (May the Good Lord Ganesha help me but I'm using your build as something of a guide for my (very humble) build, so get it right, man!).

Best Regards,

Jason

You're using one of my builds as a guide?? You'll need that divine help Jason :D 

Still a bit cream crackered this morning but did re-read the thread to make sure I hadn't forgotten anything… I checked the markings on the bombs and used iModelKit to calculate the width. The bombs have .5” (scale 0.176mm) red band 1” from nose and 1” (scale 0.35mm) light green band 4” from nose.

I have to take MiL (oh my goodness, Mother-in-Law is a helicopter!) home soon so while I'm out the question of the day…

What colour red and what light green please? Anyone?

I've checked my transfer stock and don't have anything suitable so I'll have to print something from Inkscape.

Later.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

NOT

I say NOT the time to bog down in daft details Ced

The red was and usually will be bright to enable contrast against the body colour whether or not you are going green as on the museum machine

I suggest Signal Red or Post Office Red, remember this was wartime, "there wasnt no colour then mister"

Light green will be a simple apple greenish kind of hue

Nick Millman or Edgar will be able to put your mind at rest about this mayhaps

or

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTFB8SwsZkvwuZjMldyp5h

Something like this?

Hope MiL gets as good a ride as the boys did

Good example of  the green I was  thinking of in this Mossie

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTVWkASOKIaDRAF44NvlA7

A bit more apple-ey

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

This is how the Alberta Aviation Museum chose to do the 250lb. bombs under their Mosquito. I do realize that museum displays are not ( almost never ) that accurate.

49074603551_046d0f6fbe_b.jpg

49074603636_f0e734e100_b.jpg

Chris

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1