Yes, it appears we will do well in your century, Captain......USS Enterprise - "The Space Seed" with S.S Botany Bay

Found some more reference pics of the studio model and restoration process....Some areas I thought that needed paint but were unsure of...the slatted side panels next to the deflector dish need to be painted.

spacer.png

It would also appear that the section directly behind the main bridge and impulse engines need to be a darker grey too...

spacer.png

Info cited from the Cult Man TV website

Enterprise paint code reference

Edited by Mikey-1980
  • Like 1

There is a panel underneath the nacelles and just behind the buzzard collectors that looks to be a slightly darker shade of grey too.

A little more work needed ahead of the registration markings I think?

Well the ship year was open again last night after a minor dispute with the Tellarite labour camps in the San Fransisco ship yards.... though they have made a mistake in the building of this fine space fairing vessel....

They seem to have installed the wrong bridge type......idiots! Whilst looking closely at the decal markings I noticed that i had some build the production Enterprise with e ISS or pilot episode bridge instead....I don't think it looks too out of place but I cant remove it to replace it with the correct bridge dome....

Anyways...paint scheme completed and ready for markings..

49015015003_c23f92b5ff_z.jpg

49015537491_ea30a680aa_z.jpg

49015740867_636466b861_z.jpg

So, on with the decals...I started with the primary hull and getting the symmetry was tricky but I think I have them in place OK? The decal sheet is slightly confusing and you do have to be careful with the production and pilot episode markings as they are very slightly different. 

49015014103_97e5439564_z.jpg

The registration markings I think are just about level and symmetrical.....

49015740907_f5b75595e0_z.jpg

There is a slight bit of silvering from the decal fix, but this can be cleaned up once the decals have dried and settled.

Secondary hull and neck section will be up next with some minor weathering.....

spacer.png

Hopefully I'll get to pick up some goodies at IPMS this weekend :D

• Like 4

From all the excitement of the weekend, what with IPMS and going to see Reel Big Fish on Sunday night...I managed to squeeze in an hour last night for some more decalling.

Using my new and improved tweezers purchased from IPMS, applying the markings just became a WHOLE lot easier....

The windows, and impulse engines were added to the primary hull along with the markings on the lower side of the secondary hull.....though I have spotted a fatal floor in the Emperors plans, and the time is now to make our move....no wait....wrong franchise...hmmm

The fatal floor how ever is this.....The yellow dot is exactly where the steel rod is supposed to go.....plust the decal itself split into 3 sections as I removed it from the paper backing..hence why it's a little wonky in the pic, but that has now since been sorted....

49050535098_4d798251ee_z.jpg

Will wait for it to dry thoroughly before slicing it up to accommodate the support rod.

spacer.png