Jump to content
This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

 Red Five

M2A3 Meng Bradley 1/35

Recommended Posts

Beautiful work mate, look forward to seeing this in the flesh (plastic) :thumbsup:s

 

 Brian

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, BeeKay said:

Beautiful work mate, look forward to seeing this in the flesh (plastic) :thumbsup:s

 

 Brian

Entered it at tyneside, didnt get owt haha.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That sir is very smart indeed. Good effort!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow excellent build and finish, great weathering effects. I like that a lot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For me the Bradley feels "alive" and "real". I think you found the "right" balance for the wear and tear. The skull feels so right too. Also veary nice photographed. In short, very well done :)

 

Cheers

Göran

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ivan-o said:

That’s great 👌

Why never again?

Never again? It was something like 600 + parts in total. By the end it really sucked the joy and became more of a chore. However, I get halfway through a build and I'm thinking about the next one so I wouldn't let it put you off building it as it's a fantastic  kit. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great work, love the interior!

 

11 hours ago, Red Five said:

Never again? It was something like 600 + parts in total. By the end it really sucked the joy and became more of a chore. However, I get halfway through a build and I'm thinking about the next one so I wouldn't let it put you off building it as it's a fantastic  kit. 

I really know the feeling. Last three builds I have forbidden myself to think of any other project until my current build is finished, as I was really beginning to pile up half finished models. I know keep a notebook. When I get an idea for a future build I just note it down and then forget about it until I have finished what's on the workbench. Seems to be working for now...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Red Five,

Definitely top notch sooper-dooper work, especially on the weathering front. Chipped, faded, stained, and in all ways painted to perfection. It's hard to think how anyone could do any better.

And well done for sticking at it when it felt more like a chore than a joyous hobby. It was worth the effort.

 

Rearguards

Badder

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 19/09/2019 at 09:06, Red Five said:

Meng Bradley with interior..........never again.

Ah, but the finished article was worth it. Superb weathering.

 

John.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Stunning work on this and the models on your Flicker page. Wow is all I can say your definitely a master modeller. I think I'll go back and drool over some of your busses.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 22/09/2019 at 23:15, Flaps out said:

Stunning work on this and the models on your Flicker page. Wow is all I can say your definitely a master modeller. I think I'll go back and drool over some of your busses.

Thanks, its sad that i have to continually delete pics from flickr to stay under the max limit but deffo not paying for pro haha. Also Busses?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/19/2019 at 4:05 PM, Red Five said:

Entered it at tyneside, didnt get owt haha.

You were robbed, I'd demand a recount!  Definitely first class and I would give it a gold any day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Matt P said:

You were robbed, I'd demand a recount!  Definitely first class and I would give it a gold any day.

Not as bad as sword and lance in darlo. Entered a big dio into the diorama section and three figures won gold, silver bronze and not one diorama lol. But in fairness there were some great armour builds at the show which were derserved winners imho.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Not as bad as sword and lance in darlo. Entered a big dio into the diorama section and three figures won gold, silver bronze and not one diorama lol. But in fairness there were some great armour builds at the show which were derserved winners imho.

I must admit some of the judging at shows amazes me but I suppose it is a matter of taste and details :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very impressive modelling all around!!! Very well done. :thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As some mates have said before, top notch job !!, without a doubt, I don't know where it could be improved, if that was the purpose, I would have it on my shelf more than proud.
From the comments, it seems that it was for a contest, and you were not grabbed with a prize, or the level was brutal or as a mate comments, it was not fairly valued.

 

Cheers Red Five :worthy:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, FrancisGL said:

As some mates have said before, top notch job !!, without a doubt, I don't know where it could be improved, if that was the purpose, I would have it on my shelf more than proud.
From the comments, it seems that it was for a contest, and you were not grabbed with a prize, or the level was brutal or as a mate comments, it was not fairly valued.

 

Cheers Red Five :worthy:

Thanks, i just took it along to a local comp didnt expect to wsin to be honest. Do it more for the fun of it. Ive had a gold and silver in the past with one of my dios but nothing else.

 

 

Edited by Red Five
adding link

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...