M2A3 Meng Bradley 1/35

4 hours ago, ivan-o said:

That’s great 👌

Why never again?

Never again? It was something like 600 + parts in total. By the end it really sucked the joy and became more of a chore. However, I get halfway through a build and I'm thinking about the next one so I wouldn't let it put you off building it as it's a fantastic  kit. 

• Like 1

Great work, love the interior!

11 hours ago, Red Five said:

Never again? It was something like 600 + parts in total. By the end it really sucked the joy and became more of a chore. However, I get halfway through a build and I'm thinking about the next one so I wouldn't let it put you off building it as it's a fantastic  kit. 

I really know the feeling. Last three builds I have forbidden myself to think of any other project until my current build is finished, as I was really beginning to pile up half finished models. I know keep a notebook. When I get an idea for a future build I just note it down and then forget about it until I have finished what's on the workbench. Seems to be working for now...

• Like 1

Hi Red Five,

Definitely top notch sooper-dooper work, especially on the weathering front. Chipped, faded, stained, and in all ways painted to perfection. It's hard to think how anyone could do any better.

And well done for sticking at it when it felt more like a chore than a joyous hobby. It was worth the effort.

Rearguards

Badder

• Thanks 1

On 22/09/2019 at 23:15, Flaps out said:

Stunning work on this and the models on your Flicker page. Wow is all I can say your definitely a master modeller. I think I'll go back and drool over some of your busses.

Thanks, its sad that i have to continually delete pics from flickr to stay under the max limit but deffo not paying for pro haha. Also Busses?

31 minutes ago, Matt P said:

You were robbed, I'd demand a recount!  Definitely first class and I would give it a gold any day.

Not as bad as sword and lance in darlo. Entered a big dio into the diorama section and three figures won gold, silver bronze and not one diorama lol. But in fairness there were some great armour builds at the show which were derserved winners imho.

3 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Not as bad as sword and lance in darlo. Entered a big dio into the diorama section and three figures won gold, silver bronze and not one diorama lol. But in fairness there were some great armour builds at the show which were derserved winners imho.

I must admit some of the judging at shows amazes me but I suppose it is a matter of taste and details :(

• Haha 1

As some mates have said before, top notch job !!, without a doubt, I don't know where it could be improved, if that was the purpose, I would have it on my shelf more than proud.
From the comments, it seems that it was for a contest, and you were not grabbed with a prize, or the level was brutal or as a mate comments, it was not fairly valued.

Cheers Red Five :worthy:

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, FrancisGL said:

As some mates have said before, top notch job !!, without a doubt, I don't know where it could be improved, if that was the purpose, I would have it on my shelf more than proud.
From the comments, it seems that it was for a contest, and you were not grabbed with a prize, or the level was brutal or as a mate comments, it was not fairly valued.

Cheers Red Five :worthy:

Thanks, i just took it along to a local comp didnt expect to wsin to be honest. Do it more for the fun of it. Ive had a gold and silver in the past with one of my dios but nothing else.

Edited by Red Five
adding link
  • Like 1