Racer's classic, current, and Show-offs of all kinds ! Now @ 30 !

Me too - I had volunteered for the Show Offs build

@trickyrich, saw your PM.  That sounds fine ^^^

p.s. There are changes to the racing section of this GB that I had hoped for, but missed ... Dennis, I'm doubly in :)

Wonder, can I find some racing skins from my last but one PC?

• Thanks 1

I've wanted to build a Fokker D.VII flown in the 1919 New York - Toronto race for a while, please sign me up!

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, nimrod54 said:

Please add me to this one chaps, I had previously signed up for the Show Offs GB. 

Cheers

Welcome aboard sir.

6 hours ago, Robert Stuart said:

Me too - I had volunteered for the Show Offs build

@trickyrich, saw your PM.  That sounds fine ^^^

p.s. There are changes to the racing section of this GB that I had hoped for, but missed ... Dennis, I'm doubly in :)

Wonder, can I find some racing skins from my last but one PC?

Hello Sir what were you thinking about, sounds like it might be quite interesting ? 

2 hours ago, Hockeyboy76 said:

:mike:

Sering that youre already in at #11 I’ll consider you in. 😉

1 hour ago, Arniec said:

I am in on this one as well.

Cheers,

Hello and welcome aboard. 

1 hour ago, Ted said:

I've wanted to build a Fokker D.VII flown in the 1919 New York - Toronto race for a while, please sign me up!

Welcome in with what should be a great option, i can only imagine the color scheme chosen in 1919. Was it still in lozenge, or was that overpainted or completely recovered in new fabric. With all of you crossing over from the original Showoff’s build. We should be able to make the numbers up fairly soon to get into the bunfight. 

Dennis

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Hello Sir what were you thinking about, sounds like it might be quite interesting ? 

I used to be part of IL2 racing (Il2 is/was a WW II flight sim).
The skin (colour scheme) I'm thinking of was a golden P51D with blue trim - all metallic.

Alternativly, I have a video of racing Ju87's from the same game ... my skin in that was pure kitsch - purple with orange details - other people had their own skins too.
I'd share the video, but I set the video to "Smoke on the Water" (seemed appropriate with a purple skin) ... but copyright may be a problem.

6 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Welcome in with what should be a great option, i can only imagine the color scheme chosen in 1919. Was it still in lozenge, or was that overpainted or completely recovered in new fabric.

Apparently built by OAW with a Mercedes engine, lozenge fabric with the race number 50 on the sides and bottom of the wing. Here's a photo from this site Those Canadian Fokkers

Fokkers13

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

More like this than the other - though, if I recall corectly, more of a lemon gold than that bronze, similar colour to this:
https://www.handover.co.uk/handover-18ct-gold-leaf-loose-80-x-80-mm-lemon-13g/

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Robert Stuart said:

More like this than the other - though, if I recall corectly, more of a lemon gold than that bronze, similar colour to this:
https://www.handover.co.uk/handover-18ct-gold-leaf-loose-80-x-80-mm-lemon-13g/

Id say you're all good to go, the scheme is real (bronze). The only difference is the game just modified the colors. That definitely falls under the rules I laid out as an ok option. 

Dennis

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I assume the DTM racer in the picture will be within remit.  If so, count me in and I'll save it, and keep my eyes open for anything else, probably a rally car if that would also fit in :)

Yy0nYwg.jpg

• Like 1

9 hours ago, stevehnz said:

I must have been flat out ignoring this or it was outside my bubble. All being equal, yes, I'll give it a go.

Steve.

Hello Steve welcome aboard, Whif racers based on real vehicles are allowed. Everything from cars, planes, trains, and boats are allowed so that opens the spectrum up wide as well. 

6 hours ago, HoolioPaulio said:

I assume the DTM racer in the picture will be within remit.  If so, count me in and I'll save it, and keep my eyes open for anything else, probably a rally car if that would also fit in :)

Yy0nYwg.jpg

Yes the DTM counts, though if you can find an example of either the Ferrari or Mercedes cabriolet types ever used in a race then you could do the real vehicle or possibly a Whif build based on the types. As I said to Steve cars, planes, trains, and boats all count as subjects. Ive given examples of these subjects throughout the thread. 

Dennis

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Marcin Kaminski said:

@Corsairfoxfouruncle Would a warbird in a special livery count as a show-off?

If so count me in.

I look forward to the epic 2020 Bunfight!

Yes quite. And Many Thank you’s sir you make us 30  ..... ooh @Enzo Matrix we now have 30 signups for this, please add it to the bunfight roster. 

Dennis