Racer's classic, current, and Show-offs of all kinds ! Now @ 30 !

Hello I've added both of you to the list in post one.  @Joel Abery  a car is always a good option, any idea which type or era ?

@dnl42 welcome aboard with some good choices, car or aircraft either would be nice to see. Lets hope we get this one through. 

Dennis

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 9/22/2019 at 9:19 PM, zebra said:

Count me in. I was thinking this wasn't for me as there's nothing in the stash that's suitable, but looking through some decals yesterday I noticed that one of the options on an Xtradecal sheet for the Supermarine Walrus is from a postwar air race. 

A racing Walrus!  Go for it!!

1 hour ago, TonyW said:

I'm most certainly in on this one!  Any of a number of Williams Bros kits come to mind, with the Gilmore racer right up front. Drag racing and a dry lake car or two have also got me thinking...

All great options sir, welcome aboard i have added you to the list in post 1. 

Dennis 

• 3 weeks later...

Hello everyone... Found another option for racing. Locomotive racing though less common dod occur. Here is a good example of one know example. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Race_to_the_North

This would be a good option for our friends that have model rail set ups. 

Dennis

• 2 weeks later...

This is a great idea for a very inclusive group build. Please put me down for one of the Schneider trophy sea planes, probably the 1925 Curtis RC3.

Colin 

4 hours ago, Colin W said:

This is a great idea for a very inclusive group build. Please put me down for one of the Schneider trophy sea planes, probably the 1925 Curtis RC3.

Colin 

Thank you ... Thats what I was hoping for. I did add you to the list. You have a great choice in the Curtiss. Im hoping to do something from the Reno era myself. 

3 hours ago, dnl42 said:

Don't forget that AMP just released a 1/48 S.5 and Mikromir has released a 1/48 DH.88 Comet.

Yes both excellent options, i do hope someone builds either. Though i’m particularly fond of the Black and Green DH.88’s myself. 

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle

Hello @Redstaff ... Ive added you to the main list. As an American who doesn't get to see a lot of Rally racing( my personal favorite). Anything in that realm would be fun to see built. Then again i am a fan of F1 also so those would be great options also. 

Dennis 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello one & all just giving this a bit of a Bump. I thought I would add this link which has quite a few different types of racing. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_forms_of_racing

I did forget that if you're into figure painting and construction. Then you have the option of horse racing and possibly marathon runners as well. They also list winter sports such as bobsled/luge, snow-machine/snowmobile, and skiing. Though it may be hard to do skiing not truly impossible. 

Dennis

Another for the figure painters, dogsled racing. 

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

To help this GB and the one I proposed, Dennis and I decided to join these two GB's into one.

When you think about it they are a good pairing and hopefully combined we can get through to the voting and then into next years GB calendar.

So come on and support this GB.

• Like 1

I signed up for the Show-Offs GB so as long as anniversary/end of service aircraft are still allowed I'm in for this one.

• Thanks 1

I like this plan.
It's a cunning plan.

In fact, it's so cunning, you could put a tail on it and call it a fox.

I'm still in. Wibble!

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, trickyrich said:

all those allowed in mine will be ok here

Yes definitely.

2 hours ago, Wez said:

I signed up for the Show-Offs GB so as long as anniversary/end of service aircraft are still allowed I'm in for this one.

Most definitely Wez welcome aboard. 

1 hour ago, alt-92 said:

I like this plan.
It's a cunning plan.

In fact, it's so cunning, you could put a tail on it and call it a fox.

I'm still in. Wibble!

Hello alt-92 welcome aboard. Im off to add you so its all official like. 

Dennis