Racer's classic, current, and Show-offs of all kinds ! Now @ 30 !

Hello One and all... We have all heard of them and seen them. I checked and couldn't find anything like this before ? The closest was the record breakers group build a number of years ago. Anyone interested in a Group build that would cover 100 + years of Aviation, Automotive, and centuries of maritime. From the Cleveland and Schneider cup races of the 20's - 30's & 40's. To the Bendix races of the 50's and 60's. All the way up to todays unlimited highly modified WW2 thoroughbreds of Reno ! This would cover Bi-planes, floatplanes, one off civilian racers, jets, and of course completely modified warbirds, commonly seen at Air shows, car shows and every type of display.

I would also allow for paper projects as well. There were plenty of aircraft that were designed for racing but never got past the drawing board. Either because of funding or war. You could do the Supermarines and Macchi's of the Historical Schneider cup's. Then there are the Gee Bee's of the Cleveland races. The famous Caudron racers of the 1930's would make wonderful additions. There are great ideas here ⬇️ for a start. So if anyone is interested please jump up and say so. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_racing

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/America's_Cup

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thames_Sailing_Barge_Match

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Auto_racing#Other_categories

I am adding auto and maritime racing seeing there is interest in it. So this would now include F1, LeMans, Indy-series, Nascar, NHRA drag racing, Baja, and Rally and anything possibly seen at classic and custom car shows.  There is the Americas cup and a whole host of sailing and powerboat type racing as well. If anyone can think of something please let me know ?

I have nothing against the idea of aircraft or boats or cars being built in fictitious schemes. These often change sponsorships and colors so anything is possible. If you want to build a Whif of a racer that is something i would consider as well ? Provided it was at least in the realm of possibility. Say an Bf.109, a Spitfire, a Zero or even maybe an F-86 ? As I am including Cars, boats, Aviation, and Whif's i will break it down at the end when i set up the gallery voting poll. 

Standard build rules will apply. No builds starting with more than 25% will be allowed in the gallery. You're welcome to work on them in unison with another build. All A/market will be allowed. There will be no restrictions on materials, so vacuform, resin, wood and whatever other materials you can work with will be allowed. No sales or trading openly here in the build threads. Please use the proper area of the forum for that. And of course above all else, please have fun if this makes it. Oh and if anyone has any interest in co-hosting I'm taking applications. 

1) corsairfoxfouruncle Host

2) trickyrich Co-Host 

3) Bengalensis

4) helios16v

5) vppelt68

6) Angus Tura

7) Brad

😎 uncletommy

9) Bonhoff

10zebra

11) Hockeyboy76

12) Jb65rams

12a) CliffB

14) Joel Abery

15) dnl42

16) TonyW

17) Colin W

18) Redstaff

19) Romeo Alpha Yankee

20) Wez

21) alt-92

22) nimrod54

23) Robert Stuart

24) Arniec

25) Ted

26) theplasticsurgeon

27) Jabba

28) stevehnz

29) HoolioPaulio

🏁30) Marcin Kaminski 

31) Wimbledon99 

32) Ottopv 

33) TonyOD

34) Rob Lyttle

35) TimJ 

36) Johnlambert 

37) rossm 

38) Marklo 

39) Eivind Lunde 

40)

41)

42)

43)

44)

45)

Dennis

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle
Additions
  • Like 1

Aah.. racing, air racing; high speed planes (viewed in context of their time) built or modified for the purpose of racing as fast as possible,  measured in pure speed or over distances... Possibly the best suggestion for a GB I've seen here for a long time! I have a good few subjects in my stash I would love given the push get built. Given the freedom to include Whif's within "a realm of possibility" I could think of even more.

Best of luck. Would be nice to see this one reach the numbers required. Put me down to get going.

• Thanks 1

If you open it to land bound racers...I've certainly got a few in the stash that fit that bill.  Or with the addition of Whifs, maybe even convert a street car into a race car.....  :hmmm:

You can put me down as an interested party.  No guarantees I'll be able to pending timing & life, but certainly interested.

• Thanks 1

Hello @Bengalensis & @helios16v happy to see you're both interested. As for land bound racers yes i think they should be in plenty of great options. I will amend the rules to include them. Im just going to make it easy on myself and do a subdivided voting poll in the gallery stage. 

Dennis

• Like 1

Count me in. I was thinking this wasn't for me as there's nothing in the stash that's suitable, but looking through some decals yesterday I noticed that one of the options on an Xtradecal sheet for the Supermarine Walrus is from a postwar air race. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, zebra said:

Count me in. I was thinking this wasn't for me as there's nothing in the stash that's suitable, but looking through some decals yesterday I noticed that one of the options on an Xtradecal sheet for the Supermarine Walrus is from a postwar air race. 

Interesting option with the walrus. I will be looking forward to that one. And I got you on this list this time. 😉 

Dennis

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Glad to have you on board sir, Current or Classic F1 either way should be a good build. 

Have both types in the stash, lets wait and see what makes it to the top of the pile. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jb65rams said:

I would be interested in this one.

stash contains a couple of Tyrrells and a the Williams Brothers Laird Super Solution & Halls Bulldog.

Welcome aboard sir... All of those choices sound good to me. Hopefully we can get this one through. Ive added you to the list in post 1. 

Dennis

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle