Racer's classic, current, and Show-offs of all kinds ! Now @ 30 !

On 6/11/2020 at 5:09 AM, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Yes quite. And Many Thank you’s sir you make us 30  ..... ooh @Enzo Matrix we now have 30 signups for this, please add it to the bunfight roster. 

Dennis

Arrrrr don't you mean "Bumfight!" :D

• Haha 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey everyone... With just about 6 weeks until the voting starts, I thought I’d post a few shots here for inspiration. Here are a series of warbirds in both civilian and military schemes. First up some classic civilian P-51 Mustang’s used a personal or fast business aircraft in the 1950’s and 60’s. yQGhzD5.jpg

zgNbNln.jpg

mQBRsBR.jpg

Here is one of these ⬆️ turned into a real show plane. vTaKbF0.jpg

U6VamHh.jpg

Here is one that Ive been trying to find out more about for years. Its a P-51 warbird from the 1970’s with made up markings but I’ve always liked the way it looked. 06ucZoG.jpg

Its not only P-51’s here is a P-47 Thunderbolt. 

Bte658c.jpg
Sadly it crashed a few years ago in the Hudson river and the pilot didn't survive. 😢 Enough warbirds lets take a look at some modern military show-offs. Here is a VMA-311 Tomcats AV-8B show-bird. 789ZxxE.jpg

Then there is this South Dakota ANG F-16. C47Dbeq.jpg

And another USMC show-off. An F-18C from VMA-232 Red Devils. uKLjzS9.jpg

I hope these kind of get the ideas flowing. Remember the build rules are open to Whif builds as well. So maybe these inspire sone ideas of a Whif warbird, Show-off, or Racer. Please feel free to ask questions, and or post ideas. 

Dennis

4 minutes ago, Ottopv said:

What about racers with 2 wheels would you include these

ducati Honda Yamaha etc plenty of these about

also racing trucks 

Yes of course, anything that can be raced is included. Raced against others or timed events like rally its all good. I will add you I just saw your edit.  

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle

I live just a few miles from Goodwood and often frequent both the FoS and Revival (though not this year!! :sad:) . Re. the latter, I'm always 'chin on floor'  :gobsmacked: when watching such expensive pieces of machinery being ragged around a track as if they're 'ten to a penny'. I once spoke to an owner of a 250 GTO and asked "Why?" He said (I reckon he had a few quid) "because that's what they were built for!" As the kids say; RESPECT!!  :happy:

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, TonyOD said:

What are the dates on this one please?

Still needs to get through Novembers Bunfight, so please vote. I will add you to the list. 

1 hour ago, rob Lyttle said:

"Hi Dennis! ", he shouts as he stumbles through the door at the last minute 😜

Yes yes, deal me IN!! 

I'll definitely do something for this, be it plane, car or other. 

Put me on 

👍

I will add you right away Rob welcome aboard. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, rob Lyttle said:

And keep us posted on the voting system and what we have to do and when, 👍

Poll will open up on November 1st, you can vote for up to nine builds or just this one. At the end of November the top 9 builds will get time slots for next year. I also have the ANZAC group build which is anything to do with Australia and New Zealand

Then I have the everything British armor group build. 

Im in charge of the Republic aircraft section of “The mighty all American Aircraft” group build. That covers Boeing, Douglas/McDonell Douglas, North American, and Republic. Im also trying to get people to sign up for some others you might be interested in.

• Thanks 1

Woo hooo! 

I've just struck a deal for a "heart's desire" kit that's hard to get hold of. 

One of my all-time favourites. 

And it would fit right in to this group theme. 

But once I have it in my hand I doubt I'll be able to wait for start dates and time slots. 

It's not Heller so it may be shelved for a few weeks, but....... 😎