1/48 F-14A VF-111

Covjets13

Awesome job building a kit with a fearsome reputation for being 'difficult' fit-wise but you have totally beaten it into submission - congrats.

Given that we now have the Tamiya and AMK Tomcat kits to choose from (as well as the Academy and HBkits), you have shown that the Has kist still have some life left in them. I imagine that people will start to dump their Hasegawa kits for the easier to build contemporary kits so these could be a cheaper alternative to the shake and bakes?

cheers,

Pappy

• Like 1

Evening all,

So I got down to finishing the seats, attaching the aerials and putting the canopy on. I did loose two of the aerials however as they ‘pinged’ off the tweezers and after extensive looking it’s been consumed by the carpet monster😔. So if any one out there has any spares please PM me...thanks. 

I’ve done the base and here are the completed model and in time too. It was built straight from the box, with no extras, just Aeromaster decals. It’s really enjoyable to build, and with the prices falling on eBay all it needs is some resin seats. Thanks for all you support...enjoy. 

tvyGlRq.jpg

gEShzTg.jpg

pLDnVpU.jpg

9RtWAGu.jpg

KBy0Rmv.jpg

mgWauue.jpg

x5EDLeE.jpg

FLO5yEm.jpg

zAde8xg.jpg

d6FBam2.jpg

So Craig what’s the next GB?

Si 

• Like 7

Excellent result Simon!

She really does look superb mate, the high level of finish, detailing and weathering really are top notch and just show that no kit is "un-buildable" with time and effort.

As for the next GB, I've proposed one for A-4 Skyhawks which needs support to get it through (hint-hint) but the next one I'm taking part in is the T-55 one (don't tell Andy!) which has just started, I just need to finish my F-104 first!