NOVO Cat.No.78104 Hawker Hurricane-Fighter ***Finished***

Olten

Hello everyone! The Hurricane IIC model from NOVO was produced at the Tashkent toy factory around the beginning of the 80s of the XX century. On the photo there is packaging for the domestic market of the USSR. The model will be assembled “out of the box” with minimal modifications. The decal from "Traverse" repeats one of the design options from FROG. Wheels - resin copies from Hurricane from Hasegawa. Machine gun trunks - needles from medical syringes. Perhaps the cockpit light will require replacement. Native item of very

poor quality. Thank!

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by Olten
  • Like 11

Wow - love the colour of the plastic! The quality of the moulding looks good as well.

I have a Barracuda the same colour - I guess it must be from the same factory.

Good luck with the build. 😀

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Olten said:

Thank you, Jinxman!

The casting quality of this model is really still good. These are still early castings. And your Barracuda is made in Donetsk. At one of the largest toy factories in the USSR :)

@Aardvark - Serge, lives in Donetsk, and has told many stories on here about where Frog mould went in the USSR,  and hearing about this other life of these models.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Troy Smith said:

@Aardvark - Serge, lives in Donetsk, and has told many stories on here about where Frog mould went in the USSR,  and hearing about this other life of these models.

Don't worry, he knows this very well.

😉

B.R.

Serge

P.S.

@Olten it's very serious and strong player on FROG/NOVO field,   you must be wary of him! 😉😁

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, Aardvark said:

@Olten it's very serious and strong player on FROG/NOVO field,   you must be wary of him! 😉😁

Sergey, good to see you here! :)Thanks for the recommendation! :coolio:

I continue. Gluing the details of the model, I try very hard to maintain the native texture of the embroidery. Of the sprue pieces I made a part that closed a hole in the garrot of the fuselage.

spacer.png

The pilot light from the kit turned out to be worthless. It can not be correctly installed in place :fraidnot:

spacer.png

I had to make new glazing myself. A completely different kind :rolleyes:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 13

52 minutes ago, Olten said:

Sergey, good to see you here!

Oleg, You  run the risk of being categorized as accomplices

of terrorists!

😁😁😁

However, I remember that you are not a "witness to the sect of "St." bindera."

😉😁😁

58 minutes ago, Olten said:

I had to make new glazing myself. A completely different kind :rolleyes:

spacer.png

spacer.png

I honestly warned everyone of their danger:

22 hours ago, Aardvark said:

P.S.

😁😁😁

So, I have no choice but to upgrade my build!

B.R.

Serge

• Like 5

Welcome to this GB Olten and I must say that is a great canopy improvement you have built there - I would say rather perfect! This will be a great build to follow, so look forward to seeing you improve this overall basic kit.

Cheers.. Dave  

• Like 2

7 hours ago, JOCKNEY said:

... With canopy production as good as that, you could put Falcon out of business !

I reckon you make a killing just by manufacturing accurate 1/72 DH Hornet canopies. I’d purchase at least three. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Rabbit Leader said:

I reckon you make a killing just by manufacturing accurate 1/72 DH Hornet canopies. I’d purchase at least three. 

:) Thank! But do not Pavla or Falcon make canopies on the DH Hornet?

22 hours ago, TonyW said:

Welcome Olten.

That canopy looks fantastic!

Are the decals OK? The NOVO ones I've tried have all failed.

I'm going to enjoy watching this model being built.

Tony.

Thank,Tony!🙂For this model, I use the Travers decals. Their varnish layer is very elastic and after many years retains its properties. I recommend!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Olten said:

But do not Pavla or Falcon make canopies on the DH Hornet?

Why @Rabbit Leader

support Pavla or Falcon as a manufactur,  when it can support you as a "manufactur"?!

"Buy own! Buy "Made in Britmodeller"!!!"

😉😁😁

B.R.

Serge

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, Olten said:

:) Thank! But do not Pavla or Falcon make canopies on the DH Hornet?

I might be wrong, however I don’t believe they do, that’s why I suggested your good services and skills? 

Cheers.. Dave 

• Like 1

Thank, Chris! I continue ... 🙂

To evaluate the overall proportions of the model. And to identify possible defects in the joining of parts, I put together a model on a temporary glue (Micro kristal klear). After the model can be easily disassembled for painting. The propeller cowl is turned to the optimum size. The chassis niche is covered with a piece of plastic. I decided not to modify it at all. Remember that the model is going “out of the box”. Nearly... :rolleyes:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 12

Beautiful work, very impressive!

It is amazing that such an old kit comes with a dog house already inbuilt in the cockpit, when the much more recent IIc from Revell hasn't got one!

Congratulations for your canopy manufacturing!

Cheers

JR

• Like 1

I like the look of this, I nearly started my one of these for this build, but read somewhere what a bad Hurricane it makes, not so looking at yours, I think you will have a nice Hurricane, and one day I can make mine with confidence.

Steve.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, stevehnz said:

I like the look of this, I nearly started my one of these for this build, but read somewhere what a bad Hurricane it makes, not so looking at yours, I think you will have a nice Hurricane, and one day I can make mine with confidence.

Steve.

Yes, Steve, this Hurricane is not accurate in geometry. But for some time now I stopped paying attention to it. All models have deviations in geometry. Thank!

• Like 3

Hi,

Not perhaps the most accurate shape wise but better than many more recent in that it has the so called "Doghouse" - the wooden tructure at the rear of the cockpit which the canopy slid over. Kits such as the Revell ones don't have this so the canopy just "butts" agains the fuselage.

Looking good.

Pete

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stevehnz said:

, but read somewhere what a bad Hurricane it makes, not so looking at yours, I think you will have a nice Hurricane, and one day I can make mine with confidence.

Steve.

Steve, FROG/NOVO as Aurora, Hawk, Matchbox, old Heller, Monogram it's cute trade mark - legend. Legend maybe old, maybe not accurate, maybe not quality, but it's legend, it's spirit epoch - Great epoch, warm, lamp era before the computer era, when moulds were made with hands and not made with computers, therefore, is it worth blaming them for not being as perfect as the people who created them?

They must be perceived as they are! Because there will be new, better, more accurate, more detailed, designed on modern CAD ... but there will be no such FROG e.t.c.....

🤗

B.R.

Serge

• Like 6