Tamiya extra fine grey primer

DaveRob

57 minutes ago, Steve Noble said:

Won't work, X20 is enamel thinner. X20A is acrylic thinner, that won't work either, must be lacquer thinner..

I stand corrected. I was under the impression that Tamiya Surface Primer was a lacquer-based product.

9 hours ago, Space Ranger said:

I stand corrected. I was under the impression that Tamiya Surface Primer was a lacquer-based product.

You are correct. Tamiya surface primer is a lacquer based product. It must be thinned with lacquer thinner such as Tamiya's own or Mr Color levelling thinner etc. It won't thin with X20 as that is an enamel thinner, or X20a as that is an acrylic thinner for the X and XF range of Tamiya acrylics.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Space Ranger said:

Are we talking about the same product? I'm thinking it's the Tamiya primer in an aerosol? Or are you thinking of the brushable stuff in a glass jar maybe?

9 hours ago, Steve Noble said:

Are we talking about the same product? I'm thinking it's the Tamiya primer in an aerosol? Or are you thinking of the brushable stuff in a glass jar maybe?

I'm not sure, now! 🥴