B5N2 Kate, Soryu, December 1941, (1/48, Hasegawa) Ready!

cema_ga

Hi comrades!

My next build is Hasegawa's fantastic Kate. I will depict the famous Arizona killer - aircraft from Soryu, piloted by Haruo Sato. In all the reference books this machine painted differently, in most of them in two color camo. I compared the number of sources and after reading the long discussion on j-aircraft.com, decided to paint the model in single color unregular camouflage - like presented in the book by Bert Kinzy (Pearl Harbour).

I also decided to rivet the model - so the build will take more time...

Aftermarket consists of Eduard brass, Montex masks and spare decals.

000.jpg
001.jpg
002.jpg

So far, stabilizers riveted, cockpit done. Next - rivets on wing

006.jpg
011.jpg

013.jpg
022.jpg
025.jpg
026.jpg
035.jpg
037.jpg
040.jpg

Thanks for looking!

• Like 8

• 2 weeks later...

Hi comrades!

Model mainly assembled and riveted (this is my first completely riveted model). Next - engine wiring and scratch build of torpedo-sign (totally ignored by Hasegawa and Eduard)

050.jpg
051.jpg
052.jpg
053.jpg
054.jpg
055.jpg

064.jpg

Thanks for looking!

• Like 5

• cema_ga changed the title to B5N2 Kate, Soryu, December 1941, (1/48, Hasegawa) Assembled and riveted, update 27 Sep 2019
  • cema_ga changed the title to B5N2 Kate, Soryu, December 1941, (1/48, Hasegawa) Ready for paint! update 3 Oct 2019
12 minutes ago, Thom216 said:

That's an amazing looking interior. Is that OOB (except for the PE)?

And great work on the engine! Very nice.

Thank You!

Interior is OOB with Eduard brass. All the dashboard indicators - just OOB with drybrush and clear Tamiya X-22 to represent the glass. I preferred to do this instead of use the Eduard self-adhesive, just was too pity to remove all the beautiful details from Hasegawa dashboards...Also remember that I build the prototype without radio set - so the aft cockpit is relatively empty.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • cema_ga changed the title to B5N2 Kate, Soryu, December 1941, (1/48, Hasegawa) Painting on the way. Update 14 Nov 2019

Hi comrades!

I have painted the camouflage and removed  the masks. Next stage - cockpit finish and canopy installation, gloss lacquer and decals (only small ones, most of the markings already painted)

086.jpg
087.jpg
089.jpg
090.jpg
091.jpg

Thanks for looking! 

• Like 8

• cema_ga changed the title to B5N2 Kate, Soryu, December 1941, (1/48, Hasegawa) Painted. Update 16 Nov 2019
  • cema_ga changed the title to B5N2 Kate, Soryu, December 1941, (1/48, Hasegawa) Ready!