T-60 (Plant No264)

Hello all,

This is my version of Mini-Art's T-60. Pretty much built out of the box (just added the ignition wires). Resin figure is from Evolution Miniatures.

there is definitely something about is winter whitewash camouflage, when I start on one of those I can't stop weathering.

spacer.png

spacer.png

chwXOYS.jpg

spacer.png

EraeRy1.jpg

CIIGb2T.jpg

Edited by 4bo_coffee
Format correction
  • Like 27

Thanks John!

Indeed a very lovely little kit, with not even a single issue during assembly. Experience says that usually these complicated 'interior' kits struggle to fit inside the hull, but no issues with this one.

A photo of the interior during construction:

iNIcwRq.jpg

• Like 7

You've done a cracking job there

Excellent construction, paint , weathering and presentation.

Glad to hear that there was no major problems with the build, got one to do myself ...in due course.

Cheers

Keith (another one)

Thanks all for the comments!

11 hours ago, KAYELL said:

Glad to hear that there was no major problems with the build, got one to do myself ...in due course.

Definitely go for it Keith! It's a pleasure putting it together, and since it's quite small it's really manageable too. Only slight issue was that some of the really thin and fiddly bits are a bit of a pain to remove from the sprue (e.g. the gear stick which I managed to break in 4 pieces).

2 hours ago, Jasper dog said:

Everything from the pot on the stove and the chap having a fag to the fantastic weathering. 

If I was perfectly honest with myself, nobody in their right mind would set up a stove and stand to brew a tea and smoke a fag next to an uncovered tank in wartime. Would be suicidal! But I decided to take some artistic licence and have fun with it.

George

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

That is very impressive for such a small model! I have one of these in the stash and will definitely use your build as a reference! Thank you for posting. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix

• Thanks 1

Surprising work !, really a model delight, and the figure is very good, I would like to do something similar to me ...
The interior of the model looks great, I will also take it as a reference for when I decide to do some interior.
Can it be seen whole, or only through the hatches?

Cheers mate 👍

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, PlaStix said:

That is very impressive for such a small model! I have one of these in the stash and will definitely use your build as a reference! Thank you for posting. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix

Thanks Stix! Looking forward to seeing yours!

17 hours ago, FrancisGL said:

Surprising work !, really a model delight, and the figure is very good, I would like to do something similar to me ...
The interior of the model looks great, I will also take it as a reference for when I decide to do some interior.
Can it be seen whole, or only through the hatches?

Cheers mate 👍

Thanks Francis!

In my built you can only see the interior through the hatches, but you can always leave the turret unglued and remove it for a better view. The kit comes together really well, so, for an even better view of the interior, you could probably leave the entire top unglued and it would be a good and stable fit that would allow you to open up the entire tank. In that case it would be worth it to do some work on the fuels tanks, as they would be visible too.

Cheers,

George

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi 4bo,

Typical, I've never seen a T-60 before and two show up at once!

I could tell they were small from looking at the plan view of @f matthews's fine effort, but your fantastic little vignette really shows just how small they are.

You've done an excellent job on all fronts (forgive the pun)

I know what you mean about Winter camo. I've just finished my 3rd AFV clad in whitewash and it seems to me that there's more opportunity to mess about with winter camo than there is with any other. I love the look you've achieved. Is there a WIP showing your winter camo being applied and weathered?

Rearguards,

Badder

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank you all!

5 hours ago, Badder said:

Hi 4bo,

Typical, I've never seen a T-60 before and two show up at once!

I could tell they were small from looking at the plan view of @f matthews's fine effort, but your fantastic little vignette really shows just how small they are.

You've done an excellent job on all fronts (forgive the pun)

I know what you mean about Winter camo. I've just finished my 3rd AFV clad in whitewash and it seems to me that there's more opportunity to mess about with winter camo than there is with any other. I love the look you've achieved. Is there a WIP showing your winter camo being applied and weathered?

Rearguards,

Badder

A tiny little tank indeed Badder, I mean look at his turret hatch view:

YiVWNJp.jpg

Just imagining having to squeeze through that opening between the gun and machine gun with your ear basically touching the barrel and then having to close the hatch makes me feel claustrophobic!

Unfortunately no WIP thread this time. The process was pretty straight forward though. In most photos I have seen soviet white wash both 'breaks' and 'fades'/'runs' with time:

o5DVDyb.gif

To achieve the dual effect I begin with the standard hairspray chipping technique, which I repeat twice (since whitewash would have been applied repetitively as it faded, and the early winter of 1942 was apparently quite rainy).

Then I do some streaking with white oil, to get the 'running' effect.

Finally, I get it dirty, especially with rust (which, I imagine, would not only show on top of the white, but also mix with the whitewash as it was painted, since surface rust would penetrate the water based paint).

Best regards,

George