brengun typhoon desert version

brewerjerry

Hi All

got my brengun typhoon desert version on the way

just curious as to the accuracy of the colour schemes 

do they need any tweeks or are they good 

http://www.brengun.cz/e-shop/1-72-plastic-kits-28/typhoon-mk-ib-car-doors-desert-and-luftwaffe-trials-1623

cheers

jerry 

Edited by brewerjerry

1 hour ago, brewerjerry said:

got my brengun typhoon desert version on the way

just curious as to the accuracy of the colour schemes 

do they need any tweeks or are they good 

I would believe that the accuracy is as good as it gets. They scheme in the Brengun kit instructions look very similar to the Red Roo Model conversion and as I generally consider Red Roo products to be well researched, you should be OK.

BTW, do the kit contain the tropical filter that goes under the belly just behind the radiator outlet?

/Finn

There are photos that show the Typhoons to be in what appears to be the desert scheme and in Chris Thomas's book on the Typhoon and Tempest there is a bit about them. Brengun seemed to research the schemes on their Typhoon kits pretty well, shame they seem to have ignored the strengthing plates around the the rear fuselage in most of the versions they have kitted. 

1 hour ago, FinnAndersen said:

I would believe that the accuracy is as good as it gets. They scheme in the Brengun kit instructions look very similar to the Red Roo Model conversion and as I generally consider Red Roo products to be well researched, you should be OK.

BTW, do the kit contain the tropical filter that goes under the belly just behind the radiator outlet?

/Finn

Hi

the sprue photos appear to show one 

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-Xp-QQCI1u9w/XV0n2YUVRjI/AAAAAAAAsZQ/s---nCChMuYOHD3oxFWS5x5n-IYdn6GzgCLcBGAs/s1600/BRP72039-1.jpg

cheers

jerry

Edited by brewerjerry

@FinnAndersen is correct, it does bear an uncanny resemblance to our conversion and we believe that is accurate. We prefer to think it was convergent lines of research rather than copying. There was some chatter about nose art but it could not be substantiated. On the pictures I have seen it looks like dirty streaking.

Of course if you model in 1/48 you still need our conversion...........

https://www.redroomodels.com/product/red-roo-hawker-typhoon-1b-tropical-conversion-1-48-scale/

x

• Like 1

I don't think any of the Brengun kits have the strengthening plates, also known as fishplates.  They have offered it as detail on one of their separate PE set dedicated for Typhoons (Car door).  The desert subject should have this added, since these began operating there at the end of May 1943.   Production aircraft received this fix (Mod 286) some time beginning in very late 1942, and from December through to March of the following year, existing aircraft were pulled from service to have this modification added.

Some home made corrections can be found here:

regards,

Jack

• Like 1