Heller 1/72 c-121a

Vinster

Hello, I purchased the Heller 1/72 C-121 a and I am planning on biking it in the coming weeks. I was wondering if anyone had any advice on interior detail and whether the cabin can be seen through the fuselage windows. Also is there a best method of attaching these as I have recall glue for clear parts and I'm not overly fond of it. Finally, is there anything, in general, I should know about the build?

Thank you so much in advance. 

I apologize if this is too much to answer

Vinster,

The cabin is pretty much obscure once the fuselage is together. The cockpit can be seen some what. Also the kit is basic. It does build up to be a nice kit with some work. Check reference material to see if the kit holds up to the references, I.E shape length, span. The EC-121 I built many many years ago was loaded with inaccuracies. Not sure what afer market parts are available for your kit, but the EC-121 there are many.

Hope this helps. Will make up to be a good kit.

Ron VanDerwarker

On 17/09/2019 at 23:48, f111guru said:

Vinster,

The cabin is pretty much obscure once the fuselage is together. The cockpit can be seen some what. Also the kit is basic. It does build up to be a nice kit with some work. Check reference material to see if the kit holds up to the references, I.E shape length, span. The EC-121 I built many many years ago was loaded with inaccuracies. Not sure what afer market parts are available for your kit, but the EC-121 there are many.

Hope this helps. Will make up to be a good kit.

Ron VanDerwarker

Thank you, someone already said I should purchase some aftermarket engines. I think that I will probably get aftermarket parts considering its a large project might as well. However, I have never used aftermarket parts before so that is a worry 😬

Hello

As I mentioned in another posting.

The Heller C-121A kit is a different animal to the EC-121 kit that Heller produced.

The C-121A is basically a military model based on the L-749A Constellation airliner.

The aftermarket  engines are for the models based on the L -1049 series Super Constellation and are not for this kit.

Gooney Fan