Millenium Falcon 7000 Part Kit

Noel Smith

9 minutes ago, Noel Smith said:

700 quid or thereabouts.

Jimminy! :blink: Did you happen to catch the scale?  If it's the case that they're one and the same, you should really not look at the available aftermarket for that thing.  You could go bankrupt just from adding up all those numbers :owww:

Checked out the site, and it's 7,500 parts.... of LEGO! :frantic: Is this the one?

2 minutes ago, Robert said:

All the pictures from Mike's link show them to be middle age men. Shows the audience they are aiming for.

This middle-aged man would have one in a heartbeat save for the price and having a place to put it after building it :shrug:

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Madmonk said:

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo………………………………………….!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The funeral for my wallet will be held next week.

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Robert said:

All the pictures from Mike's link show them to be middle age men. Shows the audience they are aiming for.

At least you'll have space to put it after the wife leaves you. 😎

Cheers,

Andre

• Haha 3

44 minutes ago, foeth said:

Plus, once it is no longer in stores you can sell it without a loss...

That's what an acquaintance does - he buys two of most new Lego sets, puts one in storage, and sells that one off after a few years. Better return on investment than the stock market, according to him.

Cheers,

Andre

• Like 1

I picked up the Lepin copy of the Lego UCS Millennium Falcon in China last year.

Yes, yes I know, very bad buying knock-off copies.... but I managed to get it for around £68 thanks to our local sales manager there doing some serious bartering on my behalf.

At around a tenth of the price of the official version I couldn't say no. No missing parts and the fit of the pieces was very good.

Apparently it has around a thousand more parts than the official Lego version (no, I didn't bother to try and count!)

It looks fantastic and even the other half admits it looks good. Still struggling to find a permanent home for it though!😳

I pleaded and begged my better half to allow me to purchase both the Falcon and the Star Destroyer.....only to be replied with "and where are you going to put it?"

errrrrrrrrrrr I dunno...but how cool are they!?!?!

yea...some how I don't think it will be happening anytime soon....

I had the original Falcon but sold it on as there were a couple of things I didn’t like.

1) the size, make it difficult to handle and display

2) the top panels that just flop in place rather that clipping like true lego - I get that it was to achieve the proper shape but it felt a bit like cheating to me

I have other UCS models that I do love though, Tie Advanced, X Wing, Slave 1, Imperial Shuttle and under the Christmas Tree, a Y Wing.

Cheers,

Nigel

Edited by nheather

• 1 month later...

My son has both, although the Star Destroyer is still unbuilt, he is keeping it for Christmas when he has time off work. He is 25 and has been a massive Star Wars fan since I took him to see episode one (although not keen on the last two, which let's face it use the basic plot line of the original trilogy) and then watched the originals at home.