Novo Black Widow

Hi folk's,I've heard modelling is therapy,well go out and get this kit and you'll be in therapy! It's been a rocky road mainly down to the strange

plastic Novo used combined with it's age but finally got her done as she was a freebie sent to me by Chris(English Electric) so for that reason

I stuck by it,I don't normally link to WIPS but for a laugh have a look anyway,Oh spurious marking too!

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235059617-novo-black-widowxxxfinishedxxxxxx/

20190917_111943

20190917_112101

20190917_112119

20190917_112601

20190917_112644

20190917_112658

20190917_112734

• Like 30
  • Haha 1

Wow! Nice job and certainly looks the part to me.  Good job with the brushed on Black as well, I sometimes wonder whether to try brush painting again, just once. I've just done airbrushing since getting back into modelling a few years ago, but all that masking is a chore sometimes!

:goodjob:

Davey.

• Like 1

Stevej60,

You are a steely-eyed model builder, sir, to get this kind of result from the Novo boxing of the original Frog kit. While Frog missed the correct contours of the cowlings and cockpit canopy, they did get the upper fuselage contour correct, which more modern kit makers have missed! Hard to believe this was brush-painted, and flat black is not the easiest color to get a smooth uniform result  out of a hairy stick. Something looked amiss, though, and then after some thought, it hit me that the red walkway areas were missing...,made the Spider  Lady look naked! Good job! (There almost needs to be a contest category for kits older than 40 years, to showcase good old-fashioned modeling skills, with no etched or resin parts allowed...plasticard and putty, just like the old days when we were all just starting out and spent a lot less time doing research (What few references there were back before the internet!) and more time building.) :clap2: 

Mike

• Like 1

That's a lovely black finish Steve! And I have no idea how you can do that with a brush - excellent work!

I bought the original Frog Widow from the model shop on the rooftop spotting terrace on the Queens building at Heathrow, on a school trip in the sixties....!!! Happy days! :)

Keith