Future. Sealer

crowe

Future has been renamed several times. It's now called "Pledge Floor Gloss" in the US, and it looks like this:

spacer.png

I have no idea what it's called in France. This article may help:

http://www.swannysmodels.com/TheCompleteFuture.html

Edited by Space Ranger

I never managed to find the Future here in continental Europe. What puzzled me was that all alternative products were milkyish like "Emsal Voll Glanz" in Germany or "Pledge Klear Multi Surface" - but both dry cristal clear no worry. Pledge Revive It Floor Gloss looks to be clear in the bottle - so maybe it comes closer to the shrouded in legend Future product 🙂

In France Emsal is sold as Glanzer. Décapant should be the same as the "Emsal Voll Glanz".

Humbrols "Clear" was reported to be the same formula as Future. But I am not convinced, as I have never had any reference Future in my hands. Some people also faced problems with the Humbrol Clear (you will find it on BM if you look for it). I had no issues with it, although I am not a fan either. For airbrushing I would refer to the Aqua Gloss.

René

Pledge Multi Surface - the milky coloured successor to Klear was marketing as "Pledge Extra Protection Wax" on the Continent and in Scandinavia. The bottle looks like this...

spacer.png

I've used it as I didn't bring my Klear with me when I shifted to Norway. Personally I found that it worked just the same as Klear even though it was milky to start with - it dries crystal clear as Caerbannog says above.

I've noticed here in Norway that it doesn't seem to be available anymore but I don't know whether that's also the case across the rest of Europe.

Edited by Smithy
Typo