Red, green, amber identification lights on Mossie?

Crankycraftsman

Hey all

I have a question about identification lights on a FB VI Mosquito, did they have them? Were they the red, green amber lights? What size were they? And were would they be located at? I'm building the Airfix 1/24 scale Mosquito FB VI as PZ474 coastal command ( I know not a real WW2 bird, but really cool looking) so any help would be greatly appreciated thanks in advance.

Ron G 

The FB VI did have the red, green, and amber lights but they were not grouped together.  The green and amber lights were mounted off center toward the starboard part way between the main plane and horizontal stabilizer. The red light was mounted off center toward the port just behind the bomb bay. The model below shows the placement, though according to the Air Publication on the FB VI, the amber light was the rearmost light. The lamps were approximately 5 inches in diameter.

bobs-mosquito-build-015-jpg.472689

Thanks Crimea

Right now I'm working on modifying the kit by adding all the missing detail. Actually I'm doing an involved build of it on LSM. I've done it there because I can post pictures straight from my phone as I'm building makes doing a build post much easier. It's under works in progress.

Ron G