1/48 - Reggiane Re.2005 Sagittario by Special Hobby - released

Homebee

Special Hobby is to release in 2020 a 1/48th Reggiane Re.2005 Sagittario kit - ref. SH48206

Source: http://www.specialhobby.info/2019/09/news-from-special-hobby-102019.html?m=1

SH48206-boxart-Blog.jpg

(...) We have also decided on unveiling two more projects which are currently in development – these being a pair of Italian WW2 fighter aeroplanes, the Reggiane Re 2000 Falco (link) and Reggiane Re 2005 Sagittario, both in the quarter scale. We expect they can appear on the shop shelves in very early 2020. Both these kits will reach the standards of our latest 1/48 scale models such as the Siebel Si 204, ie with 3D-designed components produced from milled moulding tools. And now, as it seems, these very types are also being worked on by other model companies – but to be honest we are not afraid of this unintended  confrontation, being quite sure of the still-increasing levels of quality of our recent models. (...)

Sword Models is the other company working on a 1/48th Reggiane Re.2005 Sagittario kit: link

V.P.

Matt-Memory2.jpg

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Source: http://www.specialhobby.net/2019/09/sh48204-reggiane-re-2000-sh48206-148.html

- ref. SH48206 - Reggiane Re.2005  Sagittario

"As one of our Japanese distributors approached us, we prepared a presentation tablo with both upcoming models for the Tokyo Hobby Show. I took it before sending it."

Re-pres-01.jpg

Re-pres-02.jpg

Re-pres-03.jpg

V.P.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Phas3e said:

It would be a shame to have a single piece canopy hide that lovely cockpit.

agreed - very surprised that the company have not realised this fact , I always go for Open Canopies nowadays , as the details are far easier to display -

frankly - a photo-etch set for the Cockpit - like Levers and Instrument dials looks to be essential , as an aftermarket addition -

and the cockpit seems a bit sparse - although this leaves it open as a great place to do some super detailing , no doubt Eduard will provide some nice aftermarket details in Photo-etch .

I like the fine detailing - I am just a bit surprised that more fine detail seems not to be provided , like a pitot tube ( I always replaced the kit version with brass , mind )

I also think the guns on the wings would be better replaced with brass , hollow ended examples -

I would give the kit 3 or 4 out of 5 , I just thought it would be more ' detailed ' or am I being Harsh ??

I just expected , more , as the 1./48 Fiat G.55 they provided was a lovely kit - and from memory had more detail

• 3 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Kampartiger said:

Hopefully one of the two mentioned companies will also released the Regianne Re.2001 Falco II in the future.Lost twice while bidding for the Classic airframe example on Ebay.

Yes. And the CA kit is not that great. Hit or miss with fit I bought a CA kit about a year ago; a Boeing P-12...the vac windscreen was yellowed. Nothing can be done about that. Now am staying away from all CA kits.

On 11/17/2019 at 5:07 PM, Mike Esposito said:

Yes. And the CA kit is not that great. Hit or miss with fit I bought a CA kit about a year ago; a Boeing P-12...the vac windscreen was yellowed. Nothing can be done about that. Now am staying away from all CA kits.

My copy of Re.2001 has the later slightly blueish vac parts. I have extras if you need them (4 pcs in my kit)

Cheers,

Vedran

• 1 month later...

With the Re.2005 there isn't really much choice when it comes to the schemes... one or two of the few 362 Squadriglia aircraft (the only real operational 2005s), a generic ANR one and a generic Luftwaffe option. All in standard continental camo scheme. This is unfortunately all the Re.2005 has to offer

• Like 1

• 1 month later...