-YAKOVLEV YAK 4

IPMS19

-  A rather confidential machine which however was used operationaly by 118 TH independent Reconnaissance Aviation Regiment, nothern fleet  1943.

- A true short run model well in the seventies tradition with rather well furnished photo etched parts most of them unusable owing to an  awfull instruction sheet.

and thick glazing as usual.. but very funny to built

Gb7D63.jpg

F7VLce.jpg

42qBus.jpg

Gb7D63.jpg

F7VLce.jpg

cnbziG.jpg

42qBus.jpg

• Like 21

1 hour ago, Gary Brantley said:

Wow, never seen one of these before.   Very cool and very well done too! :clap2:

1 hour ago, limeypilot said:

I've never even heard of that one. Nicely done!

Ian

- I think you are not the only two guys on earth ..........Don't worry, it was the same for me before I discover it in Mars Models range, there even is a YAK 2, a look alike  with different engines and nacelle air scoops......

• Like 1

I love what you have done.  I have looked at this kit but it seemed rather expensive, but tempting.  Now that I see what can be done with it I might have to pull the trigger and get one myself.  However, I already have way too many old and unbuilt short run kits in the stash.

4 hours ago, Harold55 said:

I love what you have done.  I have looked at this kit but it seemed rather expensive, but tempting.  Now that I see what can be done with it I might have to pull the trigger and get one myself.  However, I already have way too many old and unbuilt short run kits in the stash.

- Mars Models are rather expensive on the too much side you're right, but they offer the possibility to built models which never to be seen in the ranges of the regular brands. I'm expecting their announced Mig 9  but its release seems to be postponed years after years......