Mitsubishi J4M Senden "Luke"

Mig88

Hello everyone

Here is my latest kit, finished this past weekend. It is A&W's 1:144 Mitsubishi J4M Senden "Luke". I have finished it in fictitious markings representing a machine from the 407th Fighter Squadron, 343rd Naval Flying Group, IJN, from Matsuyama Air Base, in late 1945.

A&W kits are made by Anigrand Craftswork and cover only Japanese aircraft both real or projected, as is this case. The J4M was never built not even as a prototype as the IJN preferred the Kyushu J7W instead. Surprisingly though, the Allies gave it a codename.

The resin parts were quite clean but had some moulding flaws that had to be dealt with. The joining of parts wasn't bad but still needed work and getting the main components properly aligned was very tricky and I didn't get it quite right. The kit was built mostly OOB with some details added such as the wing pitot tube and the 30mm cannon. In fact the kit came with only one gun on the port side. I removed this detail (I didn't like it) and made holes for the three guns it was supposed to carry as per some plans I found on internet. It was painted and varnished with brush. All decals came from my spares since the kit only came with insignia and the red was too light. Since "Senden" means "flashing lightning" I couldn't help putting some lightning bolt decals in the nose area (from a Sweet Rufe decal sheet).

Thank you for looking and, as always, all comments are welcome
Miguel

-CN_JIi4f2HEaj_bCQPqrbDZyCjzlDtzuBG6yaof

l2ZoxCtphlVxV-LagHfHQdDLvQBk8bkyWVdbr6-y

z6x94bSSQPr0X_lU8PAn5p9OUaU8t_x3YIAu5MWr

INW1NevybyvMLdyT8pKwR9U1YK9V2FxMn6PO__Xa

-bDq5JTaGeWj1pxXeM6zyaStc9eOrwpTMhQN_loW

G2K_qyuzaMgL9O7oSM-jfd3zYNla4OhBWD52d3wX

KjI_k5e4C7IdLi6FUHIeub_LVNsFUOIXlPKC0uvE

CxLZBV8qUYLMdd3cKVhBPvWESnVNDIUwG25wWiet

qDKFHbqa6KIZIT2nNW659QVZhK-qQi5G87CfUX7t

• Like 16

A very nicely finished model of this rare subject you got here. It seems Japanese prototypes and what-ifs enjoy a certain popularity at current. This is a great addition!

• Thanks 1