Takom Soviet ZSU-57-2 SPAAG

BlackMax12

Started another project in that self propelled anti-aircraft gun theme. This one isn't that big but lots of detail.

So far the guns have 151 parts, there are 220 shells on clips 4 per clip and indy link tracks. That turret is going to be

rather cramped inside with all that hardware.

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 6

This is what 150 plus pieces of gun look like. There are 220 shells to go in that turret so it will be pretty cramped.

Too bad lots is hidden with the turret assembled though. Got to fill some seams on the guns

and sand off some rough spots then figure out how to paint this.

Here it is as of this morning.spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 7

Thanks Liam

Yes  I have grown to detest full interior kits as you spend hours or days on the interior then

promptly bury it. While this one does not have a complete interior it sure has lots of turret hardware

and of course most will be hidden. Oh well, the nature of the beast I suppose.

Lloyd

• Like 1

Your two recent AA tanks are amazing models. Great to see your builds. One question though. The camo looks like there is quite some over spray.  Is it possible the airbrush needs some proper cleaning ;)

Edited by Soeren
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, BlackMax12 said:

Yes busy and not much room for the crew.

Very true. They won't be taking a cat in there with them!

Very nice Lloyd. It'll look good with all of your other AA tanks.

John.

• Like 1

Hi Soeren

I know now that the Finnish camo scheme was supposed to be hard edge but at the time I sprayed

this I didn't know. That's why it's soft edged and sort of blended the greens, there are 3 colors of green

on here but it doesn't show that well along with some black. I admit now that it does look a bit like over spray

though, lol. The brown and black washes and oils even blended it more so it looks even more like overspray,

maybe the wrong choice of colors. Tamiya Black Green pre-shade, Tamiya Field Grey (looks faded green to me) and Tamiya

Grey/Green along with some NATO Black.

Anyway comments appreciated, how else can things get fixed or corrected? 

Thanks,

Lloyd

• Like 1

Thanks John

The Chieftain Marksman is in the paint booth for some black patches over the faded

green then some washes, etc and the terrible trio of AA guns is finished. Of course there

is a Shilka ZSU-23-4 with the four guns I'd like to do too.

Winter coming, supposed to be 0C here Sat and Sun, I can hardly wait (Not) I have laid

in another Trumpeter 1/16 King Tiger (#3 for me) and a Trumpeter 1/16 Panther G Late

Version (my third 1/16 Panther) as winter works projects. Looks like I may be starting them sooner

than expected though.

Lloyd

• Like 2