Handley Page H.P.42 Heracles - Modified Contrail vacuform 1/72nd scale

Wow Moa Wow, what an absolute masterpiece.  Your thread has been very informative and it has been a joy to read through.  I am sorry I did not see the end of the thread and completion of the model, but have been a bit busy of late. 

The excellent photos make the kit look very much like what I imagine the real plane looks like in the flesh.  Absolutely amazing.

Great work as usual.

All the best
Chris

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, bigbadbadge said:

Wow Moa Wow, what an absolute masterpiece.  Your thread has been very informative and it has been a joy to read through.  I am sorry I did not see the end of the thread and completion of the model, but have been a bit busy of late. 

The excellent photos make the kit look very much like what I imagine the real plane looks like in the flesh.  Absolutely amazing.

Great work as usual.

All the best
Chris

Hi Chris

Very glad you have enjoyed it.

It is an appealing subject and it was a fun (if somewhat long) build.

Cheers

• Like 1

Outstanding job on this one, Claudio! I think you may have outdone yourself with this model. 

Best Regards,

Jason

P.S. In going back over your superb photographs, I notice a slightly portly chap with a waxed moustache. Hercule Poirot perhaps (on his namesake aircraft, no less), heading to some exotic locale to be unwillingly enmeshed in a web of intrigue and murder even? Who knows...

Edited by Learstang
Additional comment added.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Learstang said:

P.S. In going back over your superb photographs, I notice a slightly portly chap with a waxed moustache. Hercule Poirot perhaps (on his namesake aircraft, no less), heading to some exotic locale to be unwillingly enmeshed in a web of intrigue and murder even? Who knows...

Thanks Jason

Glad you mentioned Hercule, as I brought with me to read Agatha Christie's "Death in the Clouds" Hercule Poirot story, which as you know starts in the aft cabin of an HP42.

Mrs Christie is not completely faithful to the particularities of the plane, but close enough.

Cheers

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 11/16/2019 at 10:50 AM, Dennis_C said:

I do not know how I missed it either. Magnificent work on the chef-d'oeuvre! It's both the H.P.'s chef-d'œuvre of the 30s and Moa's chef-d'œuvre of the XXI century.

Indeed the original has this strange undeniable charm. It isn't precisely beauty in common sense, may be its industrial looks.

12 hours ago, Hewy said:

Superb model , nice  intro too

Thanks Hewy!

Cheers

• Like 1

A truly superb model! Blown away by the detail, quality of modelling and sheer skill. 👍

Would love to see it in a desert setting on one of its many fuel and refreshment stops to the outer edges of the old empire. I'd so love to see an injection version of this kit in this scale. Airfix, fancy going a little off-piste? 🤔

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, HP42 said:

A truly superb model! Blown away by the detail, quality of modelling and sheer skill. 👍

Would love to see it in a desert setting on one of its many fuel and refreshment stops to the outer edges of the old empire. I'd so love to see an injection version of this kit in this scale. Airfix, fancy going a little off-piste? 🤔

Wouldn't that be nice...an Airfix HP42/45...

To dream the impossible dream.. (Man of La Mancha)

• Like 1

• 4 months later...