Heller 1/72 c-121a

Vinster

Ok, so in a few weeks im going to start the Heller 1/72 C-121A and I was wondering if anyone had any advice: especially on the windows down the fuselage and how to attach them and whether i need to create my own cabin detail. Is there anything I must know about this kit?

Your first task will be to get yourself a set of PlusModel engines to replace the kit items, which bear only a passing resemblance to what was fitted on the 1:1 scale item. There were a few other replacement engines around, notably by Paul Fisher, but the California fires a while back put him out of business and so far he hasn't bounced back. PlusModel also does some nice flaps and interior details for the wheel wells, all of which will enhance the Heller kit.

• Like 1

On ‎15‎/‎09‎/‎2019 at 18:59, Bullbasket said:

You'd get a better response if you posted this in the aircraft section.

John.

Yes wise words, please post in the correct area.

Julien

On 18/09/2019 at 00:41, Jordi said:

Honestly it really doesn’t matter.  The windows in the Heller 749 kit are the wrong size and every one is incorrectly placed.  I used to have an article by Larry “Ivan” Potosky in IPMS/USA about all the many problems with the Heller kit, which showed the correct window size and placement.   I will have to see if I can dig it up.

Thank you, don't worry if you can't find it. I will settle for it for now if need be and build a new one later.

On 17/09/2019 at 22:49, Gooney Fan said:

Hello

The Plus Model engines are only suitable for the Super Constellation series, L-1049 onwards.

The C121A user the non Turbo Compound engines of the L-749A airliner series so they are un-necessary.

Gooney Fan

Thank you, i may build it straight from the box and then if i want do a second to get the perfect look.

On 9/15/2019 at 6:59 PM, Bullbasket said:

aircraft section

He did - "Aircraft Modelling", "Military Aircrafft by Era", "Cold War" ........ Not much of a welcome for a newbie to the Forum :(

Edited by RidgeRunner

9 minutes ago, RidgeRunner said:

Not much of a welcome for a newbie to the Forum

If I'd have said something obnoxious, then you'd be correct. But all I did was to point out that he would get a better response if he posted the message in the aircraft section. Please, feel free to explain to me how that was unwelcoming. Plus, unless I've got it completely wrong, it was originally posted in the wrong area and it has since been moved by one of the mods.