Hasegawa A-4E/F 1/72

Hi Guys,

I bought this kit sometime back but never got the chance to built it as I was carried away by other project, However, I started this kit this weekend and it was fairly simple to build. There are some glitches tho, there are so many pin marks and I need to cut it off using sharp knife, some part need filling and sanding and the biggest challenge being thee cockpit the, clear part was aligning very well so I have to add some plastic card and make sure the clear part sit, well it is not 100 aligned but I am okay. I painted using Tamiya white, black and light grey, exhaust I used Gunze. I thought of adding weapons but the kit weapon were too simple so I skipped it. I choose the Marine markings as it was beautiful. Thank you for looking.
1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Cheers

• Like 16

2 hours ago, stevehnz said:

I like. These kits are sometimes criticised for being slightly over scale in some areas but to my eye they still look a lot like an A-4 & a really nicely made one in this case. :)

Steve.

Just checked my build compared to the Airfix and yep, longer fuselage, longer and wider wings  so overscale, but doesn’t look like the proportions are off 

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, stevehnz said:

I like. These kits are sometimes criticised for being slightly over scale in some areas but to my eye they still look a lot like an A-4 & a really nicely made one in this case. :)

Steve.

I didn't know that will compare with the Airfix kit and see, thank you for pointing it out. Cheers

• Like 1

A really lovely build!  I especially like the versions of the Skyhawk with the avionics "hump" but they seem to be hard to find in 1/72 (at least, I have not run across one for sale, yet!).  

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, mdauben said:

A really lovely build!  I especially like the versions of the Skyhawk with the avionics "hump" but they seem to be hard to find in 1/72 (at least, I have not run across one for sale, yet!).  

Thanks, Buddy. I don't know about that but after building two A-4 Skyhawk wanted to build a hump one and I got the Hasegawa kit so I just built.

17 hours ago, Flanker List said:

Do you re-scribe all panel lines?

No, but some I do rescribed it.

15 hours ago, phildagreek said:

Sweet Scooter!

Thanks, Mate Cheers.

6 hours ago, billn53 said:

I have one of these old Hasegawa kits in my stash — you’ve inspired me to break it out for a “nostalgia build”

Glad to know that I have inspired you to build, looking forward to your build, Cheers

• Like 1

On 9/15/2019 at 9:14 AM, PhantomBigStu said:

Just checked my build compared to the Airfix and yep, longer fuselage

Well, the A-4B as kitted by Airfix has a shorter nose than the A-E as per the Hase kit in real life.

However, the Hasegawa singleseat Skyhawk is definitely too long in the nose, being about as long as Hase's TA-4F kit.

That being said - nice work on the kit! Always liked those markings.

Cheers,

Andre