1/32 Boeing F4B-4 almost naked

Hi All!

This is my first thread in this forum. Some of you may know me from LSP.

I would like to show a model that I finished earlier this year after 8 years and over 2000 hours of work.

I never expected that this project can take me eight years. I thought about three or four years. Of course I had breakes, holidays etc.

As base I used old Hasegawa kit, but it was only excuse to start this project, the rest is scratchbuilding.

Main assumption was to cut all structure of fuselage from kit’s moldings.

I showed this model at a competition in Madrid where it won the best aircraft and special price from IPMS Portugal and in Italy first place.

This is link to WIP on LSP for those who would like to see my battle with this project.

https://forum.largescaleplanes.com/index.php?/topic/45212-132-boeing-f4b4-almost-naked/&tab=comments#comment-474471

Regards

Tomasz Hajzler

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 35
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

Hi!

I visited SMW 2019 at Telford last weekend. I showed my Boeing in the contest. Model received special price, Jan Maes Trophy for the best biplane.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Unfortunatly an unpleasant surprise came to me from the judges superdetailed class disqualifying my model. They claimed that it was diorama, not superdetailed model. Sad and terrifying in all this was that, despite the differing opinions of other judges, they did not change their mind.

spacer.png

See you on next competition. I invite on model shows to Poland.

spacer.png

Regards

Tomasz

• Like 7

Exceptional piece of work Tomasz. I too am sorry to see your work disqualified. This is one of the reasons I don't go into competitions. For one thing, I disagree with the ruling which is complete tripe. And in addition, what would it have taken for the judges to place it therefore in what they consider the correct class?

Anyway, It is an excellent piece of work worthy of the time spent on it.

Cheers

Malcolm

Hi guys, and firstly, an awesome model from Tomasz, but the aspect regarding the competition shouldn't really be aired on here as we're not connected with the IPMS at all, and the matter should be taken up with the IPMS Competition Secretary first and last.  If people would restrain themselves from talking about the competition rules, and stick to the model discussion, we'll all be grateful :)

2 hours ago, Mike said:

Hi guys, and firstly, an awesome model from Tomasz, but the aspect regarding the competition shouldn't really be aired on here as we're not connected with the IPMS at all, and the matter should be taken up with the IPMS Competition Secretary first and last.  If people would restrain themselves from talking about the competition rules, and stick to the model discussion, we'll all be grateful :)

Sorry, Mike. I will edit my post to delete those comments. I guessed since he mentioned their actions in his op, then it was OK. Mea culpa!

Mike

• Like 1