Kuwaiti BAe Hawk

Jabba

I am currently making an Airfix BAe Hawk as a Kuwaiti version from the time of the Iraqi invasion of 1990. Although I am using the Aviation Workshop decals I have no paint instructions, only the colour scheme from their Hawk profile book. I am soon going to start painting the model, but unfortunately I am unable to convert some of the paint colours given. I know that the undersides are Light Aircraft Grey, which is fine, but I am unable to match colours to the upper colours which are stated as BS381C:361 Light Stone and BS381C:388 Beige. I have looked on the IPMS Stockholm site to no avail. I am looking for simple paints such as Humbrol and would prefer enamel to acrylic and not really want to use Xtracolors (many a bad experience with these). Any help will be gratefully received.

There's no straight Humbrol match for both shades. Decent starting points to me, if you insist on using Humbrol these days, would be 121 for the Light Stone and 250 for the Beige. 

HTH,

Andre 

15 hours ago, Jabba said:

Thanks that is of some help. Sorry I am not insisting on Humbrol, what I mean is paints that can be bought in a shop rather than sending away for them. If this does included acrylics then so be it.

I hear you, LHS paints have my preference as well. Who would want to wait several weeks for a tin of paint to arrive, after all?

What brands can you get locally?

Cheers,

Andre

Most of the LHSs near to me stock mainly Humbrol, that is why I asked about them first, although a few do stock the Vallejo and Tamiya paints as well. Forgot to mention that I am a hairy stick user, if that has any bearing on the type of paint required.